Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eat It Or Starve Until The Next Meal

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies
1 mom liked this

Does anyone else do that?

We do and it works for us. We haven't had issues with the kids eating since we started doing that.

We remain adamant too-absolutely no snacks, nothing, until the next meal. Our kids are 5, 4 and 2.

What do you think?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Now is the time to implement it. I wish I had.
chickensmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM
We do it one step above that. Say you don't like your lunch? Well, it's now dinner.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM

I did it, and it works well.  No "punishment" - just natural consequences.  Never had to do it with my 1st, was never an issue.  Went through hell with the 2nd one til I started doing this - and after about 4 days, all was good.

TheLadyAmalthea
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:56 PM
I do something similar for my daughter. It works for her.
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM
We have done it. It has only happened once or twice. The kids realize now, there is no such thing as pickiness in this house.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM
Yes we do it as well.
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM
it's the way I was raised and worked pretty well. I would do that except for my oldest child is very very small. We have had to see endocrinologists and dietitians about her size and she needs to eat all the time just to maintain her very lighT WEIGHT. however if she doesn't eat her dinner she doesn't get free reign of the pantry. She can have a yogurt smoothie or piece of fruit or some cheese
TediLee
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:58 PM
3 moms liked this
I think that's very selfish. It sounds like horrible parenting to make food your kids won't eat. I grew up to never deny a kid food so it amazes me how many parents think starving a kid is right. Shouldn't have had kids if you don't want to care for them properly and no starving small kids on purpose isn't caring for them. Either you never taught them to eat a wide variety of foods and have picky eaters or you don't care and purposely make food they won't eat. Its probably a combination.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:59 PM

We do it. We tell our kids it's personal responsibility - you decide if you want to eat or be hungry, and natural consequences - don't eat, you're hungry. If you're uncomfortable, you should eat when it's offered.

LadyAmaranth
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:59 PM
Yes. They eat or not...their choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)