Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why Now?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Okay, so I'm currently 17 weeks pregnant, single.. the baby's dad and I were dating for a while, had what I thought was something really special, we were even TRYING for a baby. I went on vacation and he left me for his ex.. I found out the next day I was pregnant, and told him a few days later and he told me he'd be there for the baby, a few days later he decided he was going to relinquish his rights.. because "It'd destroy her to see the baby" but even during this he'd spread rumors about me while I was still gone and blocked my number telling me to get an abortion. Shortly after I got back I was in a car accident and needed a ride to the hospital because I was cramping and bleeding, so I asked him.. He said that he didn't care but if I lost it he wanted proof.. Fast forward to a few days ago (mind you it's been a month since we've talked, or I talked and he'd stand and shrug or nod or stupid bs) and 3 months since he'd blocked my number (we worked together btw, I just quit a few weeks ago) He's started talking to me again and decided he WANTS to be in the baby's life.. She dumped him, but he wouldn't go to the ultrasound because "That's your boyfriends job and I'll never be your boyfriend because I fucked it up" and he's saying that he'll come visit baby until we can get 50/50 but he's out of his looney mind if he expects 50/50. I was completely prepared to never have to worry about this baby having an in and out dad but now I guess I have to and it's freaking me out. I don't want him to be there because I know he'll hurt this baby emotionally..

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missymackie
by Hey Brother on Mar. 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Yikes, best of luck to you
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:02 PM
17 weeks = 4 months & 1 week. And it's been 3 months since he blocked your number. Most people find out they are oregnant around 4 weeks.

That left him about 1-2 weeks for all that back and forth crazy to happen?

You should have aborted.
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:05 PM

Sounds like my son's father. I made the choice to not have him in my life and probably the best choice I've made. We are so much happier since I blocked him from our lives. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM

I didn't know I was pregnant right away, it doesn't pop up on a test that soon.. and I told him before we even started trying that I don't believe in abortion. I could never do it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: 17 weeks = 4 months & 1 week. And it's been 3 months since he blocked your number. Most people find out they are oregnant around 4 weeks. That left him about 1-2 weeks for all that back and forth crazy to happen? You should have aborted.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:07 PM

How do I legally go about doing that? I don't want him to be able to use anything against me in court

Quoting zombieskayer:

Sounds like my son's father. I made the choice to not have him in my life and probably the best choice I've made. We are so much happier since I blocked him from our lives. 

LyTe684
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:09 PM
I'd change my number.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:30 PM
So even LESS Time. Cool.

Just another PRIME example as to why no one should ever ever ever ever ever have a baby with a boyfriend.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I didn't know I was pregnant right away, it doesn't pop up on a test that soon.. and I told him before we even started trying that I don't believe in abortion. I could never do it.

Quoting Anonymous 2: 17 weeks = 4 months & 1 week. And it's been 3 months since he blocked your number. Most people find out they are oregnant around 4 weeks. That left him about 1-2 weeks for all that back and forth crazy to happen? You should have aborted.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:33 PM
You got pregnant by a casual boyfriend......
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:34 PM

First ...he can't relinquish his parental rights.

Second....If he wants to be in the babies life and takes you to court for a paternity test and its his kid, the Judge will give him visitation

Make sure you file for child support

firebird78
by JKL's mom on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:39 PM
Don't put him on the birth certificate and get the hell away from him as fast as possible
He's unstable and capable of all kinds of drama
(He's already proven that)
Take control while you still can
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)