Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No insurance ticket?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

So I got pulled over last night for a blown tag light.  I was absolutely positive I had car insurance.  DF had the policy and I was covered right?  Wrong.  He didn't pay it so it lapsed we weren't covered.  When the officer couldn't verify my insurance he issued me a ticket.  When I got home (and had a huge blowout with DF for being so absolutely irresponsible)  I bought a policy in my name.  Will they let me out of the 250 fine or will I have to pay that too?   BTW DF is no longer DF because I just can't deal. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MooseMomma
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this
I doubt they will excuse the fine- you didn't have insurance at the time of the traffic stop. No matter the reason, you didn't have insurance, therefore the fine will probably stand.
leksismommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 2:59 PM
No they won't. The vehicle you were driving at that moment was not insured. The insurance you got later will not be valid for the time and date of your ticket
spooky415
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM
You might be able to get a reduced fine. They probably won't care much that he let it lapse...they have no way of knowing that it's legit and you really didn't know.

Definitely show them that you got the. Ew policy as soon as you found out, though.
caligirl7613
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:00 PM
Possibly. Especially if you explain the situation and prove you. Bought insurance like immediately. But it just depends on the judge too.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:02 PM

Nope

You are going to have to pay the fine because at the time you were pulled over, your had NO INSURANCE

BTW.....Do NOT tell the Judge the sob story about your EX-DF NOT paying the insuramce...he may tack on a more money if he thinks you are making up an excuse

Missdameanor
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:03 PM

No, it will be clear that you were indeed, driving without insurance, when pulled over. You will have to pay the fine and possible court costs. sorry =(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:25 PM
You show proof you will only have to pay $10
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:27 PM
Yes it will. I had the exact, situation not long ago. Insurance lapse. i got insurance showed proof and,I only had to pay $10

Quoting leksismommy: No they won't. The vehicle you were driving at that moment was not insured. The insurance you got later will not be valid for the time and date of your ticket
sweetpeasgirl12
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:30 PM
Be happy it's only 250 in Va they will supend your DL and and you have to pay a 500 dollar fine and a 85 dollar restatement fee.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:33 PM

I should make him pay the fine since he thought new golf clubs were more important than car insurance!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)