Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has anyone taken Klonopin?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

I take a few meds for depression, anxiety but feel like sh** since trying to wean off of Klonopin. I thought the med makes people tired but I'm actually feeling more tired going off of it. Does anyone have experience taking this? I've taken it for a long time, so I've built up a tolerance (bad, I know :().

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:00 PM
Mt best friend took it for years. It quit working for her. Bump.
Sassy762
by 200 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:01 PM

I have been taken it for years..........And I am not going to stop. Call your doctor and see what he/she says

ilikeCatClaws
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:03 PM
My brother and he refuses to take it because it turns him into a zombie.

He's supposed be on that, antipsychotic meds, etc. Doesn't take any of it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:03 PM
It's because you became addicted to you. You can't quit it cold turkey you have to wean you self. Go back to taking your normal daily dose like written do that for 1 week then cut one out for 3 days then another, if your on a high mg get you will have to wear down.

It's not like abusing it but your body can become dependent on it regardless of how you take it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:05 PM

I was on it for a few months while my antidepressants kicked in.  I had migraines and was irritable when I weaned myself off of them.  

luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:08 PM
You're lucky you aren't getting ackethesia without it. I've been taking it for about 6 years now, and I get that when I don't take it. I'm prescribed 5mgs/day but only take them when I'm anxious.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM

Yea, I've had a rough time with antipsychotics (for depression w/bipolar "features"). They can turn you into a zombie too. I always get bad side effects....Does your brother function ok without his meds? I'm assuming he's bipolar?

Quoting ilikeCatClaws: My brother and he refuses to take it because it turns him into a zombie. He's supposed be on that, antipsychotic meds, etc. Doesn't take any of it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:13 PM

I've taken 1.5 mg for years, everyday and just cutting it down to 1 mg has been bad. I'm so tired and wondering if the quality of my sleep is worse now...:(

Quoting luvmybug: You're lucky you aren't getting ackethesia without it. I've been taking it for about 6 years now, and I get that when I don't take it. I'm prescribed 5mgs/day but only take them when I'm anxious.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:14 PM
It's a benzodiazepine, highly addictive. It always sucks ass to come off a benzo.
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:19 PM
When do you take it. Like, what time of day?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I've taken 1.5 mg for years, everyday and just cutting it down to 1 mg has been bad. I'm so tired and wondering if the quality of my sleep is worse now...:(

Quoting luvmybug: You're lucky you aren't getting ackethesia without it. I've been taking it for about 6 years now, and I get that when I don't take it. I'm prescribed 5mgs/day but only take them when I'm anxious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)