Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm done

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 101 Replies

I just want to be done dealing with my son. I want to drop him off with his dad and see him maybe a few days a week if that. Hes 4 and hes the fucking devil. Screams/cries and just doesnt listen at all. Its a joke to tell him to do something. Punishing him doesnt work either. Spankings only work in the moment, time outs are a waste because he will turn around scream and cry and repeatedly say can i get out now, taking his stuff doesnt work either. He just doesnt give a damn. He will act like this in front of family and at his school but the minute i go to have him evaluated hes perfectly fine and shy and wont talk or move much. I think something is seriously wrong with him and i keep getting the excuse that its his age. I have 2 kids that are older than him and they never acted this way, even his younger sister doesnt act like he does. I know all kids are different but damn. Hes 4 and will poop his pants on purpose, he will be standing right in front of the toilet and will just shit his pants or he will pull them down and do it on the floor. Getting him to eat like a normal person is horrible. He wont use a fork and when he does he stabs people with it. Tonight we had spaghetti and he threw it all over the place. My mom helps me out and takes him and his brother to school 2 days a week and both days he will physically hit and beat on my mom. She has to bring my grandma with her to make sure he keeps his seat belt on. The other day he took it off and the road my mom was driving on was 50mph, he took his belt off and tried to open the door. He laughs and smiles when he gets in trouble like hes telling me that he doesnt give a damn and will do what he wants. Hes been this way since he was 2 and ive literally tried everything. I made an appointment at a counseling center for him but i bet he will act all shy and they will give me the dumbass excuse of its his age, its normal. Its not fucking normal.

End VENT

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by 200 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:14 PM

YOU need to have him evaluated....... if you feel something is truly off or wrong

jendawn1
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Get 123 magic
portobellomush
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:16 PM
Record his behavior
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:16 PM
Oh my. Give the little sucker away
Foolynroo2
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You should do it. You don't seem to be capable of raising him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM
You need to break his "spirit" best thing to do is get your mom to take your other kids for a week.

Take everything but a blanket and a towel. Make him listen if he doesn't make him stand with his nose in the wall

Yes it's harsh and some would say slight absue but it's really not. At this point your a joke to him and till you put your foot up his ass he's gonna keep up with it

Believe I went thru this with my ds and guess what he now knows to behave at home and in public it was hard and tiring but I didn't want him to grow up treating me like he was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM
I have and he acted fine and they blamed it on his age. I'm looking into taking him to therapists and whatever else I can find.

Quoting Sassy762:

YOU need to have him evaluated....... if you feel something is truly off or wrong

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Video tape his behavior and bring it to the evaluation. Can you get school records too, since you said he shows that side at school?
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:17 PM
3 moms liked this
Have you sat him down and asked why he's acting out? Try an entire day without excessive stimuli; no cartoons, no trips out, keep the lights dim, speak softly and calmly.

Try talking to him like a little human instead of a little demon. Try giving him positive attention, lots of hugs and loving words. I know it's hard not to lose your temper but he's feeding into it.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Um, he's your kid and he is behaving that way because you haven't taught him better. You hit him and are inconsistent with other ways of discipline. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)