Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

there is this 12 year old girl at the park.........

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
And I feel sad for her. She is tall and super skinny. Like no fat what so ever on her body, she is so boney!! I feel bad because while watching her, she has been non stop. I heard another little girl tell her, "I am hungry, so lets go exercise", and they did. Now pretty much all the kids on the playground are playing a really funny game of tag, lots of laughing and smiling. Its a great day in reality but I feel bad for her because she looks like she is going faint at any moment, she even struggled climbing up onto the equipment. I sincerely hope she isn't being influenced by anyone..
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:22 PM
Sad :( to see this happen to kids
heather86w
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM
Yeah that's sad. When I worked at a preschool I had a little boy tell me he couldn't have seconds at lunch or he would get fat. After that I started giving him larger portions to begin with. Poor kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:30 PM
My daughter is the same age and was starting to say that stuff..she's athletic ..she is a cheerleader and does gymnastics. It is sad girls that age worry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 4:31 PM
I try not to judge because I was also that skinny kid on the playground, but not this skinny. My middle dd is also skinny but she has muscle so she is more fit than she is skinny. And my oldest is healthy for her age, she isn't fat but she isn't skinny and her being out here is good for her.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sad :( to see this happen to kids
EvilQueenMommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM

I used to watch a 4 year old whose older sister and mom always talked about her being fat. her mom and sister were very slender, and she had a more athletic build. It always made me sad to hear them talk to her like she was fat.

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:18 PM

girls make fun of each other at that age...unfortunately... that's the worst part of this ignorance to what is healthy and what is not in their minds.

brimar
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:19 PM
I was so skinny at that age I would bend over and you would see my spine.
I was always questioned by the school nurse and guidance counselor.
My kids have also been slim, only one as slim as I was. I also exercised a lot, but mainly to build muscle. Myself and my kids could eat like you wouldn't believe.
Now I'm trying to lose several pounds, go figure.
GhettoKoolAide
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:19 PM
Awe:(. Never in my life have I wanted to hug someone and give them sandwich.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:21 PM
I was that girl at that age. That's when my eating disorder started. I feel bad for her
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:24 PM
There is a girl in my son's fifth grade class that the teachers and counselors are worried about. I was helping in his class one day and waiting for his teacher to finish talking to the counselor to unlock the door to the classroom. She handed the teacher a snack to leave on her desk (this is the only reason I know who it is). She came in from recess and the teacher told her there was a snack on her desk for her. While the teacher had her back turned she hid it under a pile of papers on the teacher's desk. Parents need to be careful about how they talk about their own bodies around their kids (even boys)and just talk about and promote healthy eating instead of "dieting". Girls can be cruel. Even if another girl is already skinny having someone tell her she's fat all the time can take it's toll and they'll start to believe it. Helping your kids have good self-esteem might not protect them from a bully, but it might not make as much of an impact.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)