Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you go to someones' home

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

How long do you knock on their door before concluding that they're not home and stop? 

I know, odd question. Living in apartments, I can clearly hear each time my neighbors have company approach their door. Because most of the apartments are so small, it only takes a few seconds (usually) for the occupant to answer their door, and the noise stops. 

But today, the neighbor across the way was obviously not home, because there was no answer at her door. But whoever it was decided to knock on their door for ten minutes, pausing only for a few seconds before starting up again. Then they came back ten minutes later and started back up for ten more minutes. I'm guessing it was Management, because Sundays are very quiet here usually. Just leave a note on the door and call it a day! Sheesh.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Uhura
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:34 PM

Usually I can hear things inside that tell me if someone is home if they live in an apartment.

For houses, a look around tells you if someone is home or not.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:36 PM

Usually I can see their vehicle out front before knocking.  I usually knock a few times then leave if that's not possible.  Definitely not 10 minutes worth. 

But then I'm not one to just show up unexpected without calling first. 

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:37 PM
I'll knock twice, then leave if no one answers. Unless they were expecting me, in which case I would wait longer. I'd be more likely to call them than to keep knocking though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)