Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it that rare?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:53 PM
  • 21 Replies

I just saw a post where a woman said she didn't know when her mom died and people jumped all over her.

I didn't think it was that big of a deal.  I know my mom died in the last decade.  That's about it.  I also know she died in October.

I don't know what year she died.  What's the big deal?

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM
Why ask this stupid question!!
cateringtomel
by Anna_Elijah on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM
My birth mom is dead idk when
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:55 PM

It is something most people remember. I know I always will. Jan 7 2015

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM
Because most of us love our mothers and can't imagine not knowing when she passed.
theTosh.O
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:56 PM

I understand if you were friends with your mom, but if you weren't close; I wouldn't expect someone to remember, you know?

Quoting Anonymous 2:

It is something most people remember. I know I always will. Jan 7 2015

km1970
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM

I don't know. I know when my mom, dad and son died. I know the year, the date, the day and the minute(except for my mom, I found her passed away. I know the exact time I found her, it was on the clock next to her bed.)

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM

I would say it is rare. However you thought it was such a big deal you made a post about it.

luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM
I know my grandma died about a week after her birthday. I can not remember year or date. I suck at dates and years, even my own kids birthdays, the younger ones, I have to count to figure out the year.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM

I would think it's unusual, but maybe that depends on the relationship.  I know the dates my dad and my husband died, but I couldn't tell you the year my grandmother died without guessing. 

theTosh.O
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 5:57 PM

I get that, but would you expect someone who doesn't talk to their mom to remember?

Quoting Anonymous 3: Because most of us love our mothers and can't imagine not knowing when she passed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)