Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Castor oil!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies
Who has done that to bring on the labor?
No I don't plan on doing it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this

It doesn't and all it does is cause stress to your body and your fetus.  Your baby will come when it is done cooking and ready and not before.

babynurse244
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm an l&d nurse. If your body isn't ready, it isn't ready. Nothing you do will work to induce if your body simply isn't ready. We've seen this tried so many times. If your body isn't ready you will give yourself thd most horrendous diarrhea and you'll shit all over the place. If your body is ready, and you do kick yourself into labor, you will have the most horrendous diarrhea ever and be labor ing during it. It's not pleasant or fun for anyone. But I'm off until tomorrow so feel free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM
Thanks for the bump.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

It doesn't and all it does is cause stress to your body and your fetus.  Your baby will come when it is done cooking and ready and not before.

Amybelle
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:11 PM

please don't

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM
I have read not everyone has diarrhea and i wasn't planning on doing it. I'm curious who has.

Quoting babynurse244: I'm an l&d nurse. If your body isn't ready, it isn't ready. Nothing you do will work to induce if your body simply isn't ready. We've seen this tried so many times. If your body isn't ready you will give yourself thd most horrendous diarrhea and you'll shit all over the place. If your body is ready, and you do kick yourself into labor, you will have the most horrendous diarrhea ever and be labor ing during it. It's not pleasant or fun for anyone. But I'm off until tomorrow so feel free.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM
My fuck, where does it say I'm going to?

Quoting Amybelle:

please don't

Brenna
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM

Don't.  Just don't.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM

It wasn't a bump it will not cause labor!  I answered your question.  All you will do is cause your self and baby undo stress. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thanks for the bump.
Quoting fullxbusymom:

babynurse244
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Forgot to add that if it does "work"chances are it was coincidental. Above poster is also right about stressing you and baby out. Intestinal contractions cause uterine contractions which can needlessly stress your baby.

I can't understand why anyone thinks this is a good idea, but whatever.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:13 PM

Use it on your hair instead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)