Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you call a suicide hotline...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Do they immediately notify CPS?

Last night I found my SO in bed with my boss. I freaked out. They both swear nothing happened, that they just passed out. I don't know what to believe but I am feeling so low right now that I think I need to talk to someone. But I don't want CPS to come take my kids if I do. I just need someone to talk to because right now I feel like my entire life was just turned upside down. Please no bashing. I just need to know if I can safely call someone without putting my kids at risk.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Idk bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:32 PM
I'm assuming it is anonymous. They would only call if you were a threat to your children.
djamommyoftwo
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:35 PM
I'm sorry that happened, I caught my ex dh cheating on me more than once. I know how devastating it can be.

Just take a deep breath and collect your thoughts. Decide where you should go from here.
I know it feels like it right now, but this is not the end of the world.
Hugs to you mama!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:37 PM
No, I have had to call before. This was many years ago tho. If you need to call.... CALL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:39 PM
You can call anonymously if you are worried. Not all hotlines have the ability to trace calls. They wouldn't call CPS though. If you were imminently suicidal, they would work with you to get you to the ER or other crisis services. If you aren't imminently suicidal, they will talk with you and work on safety planning if needed. Being suicidal in itself is not child endangerment. The only time they would be called if someone called for help is if there were no family to watch the kids, or if you were overdosing or heavily intoxicated or high with them in the home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:20 PM
Thank you. I'm honestly numb. I just lost my job (which I loved) and the love of my life in the course of one night. I have no idea what to do. Everything feels extremely hopeless. I'm only upright at the moment because the kids need me. If I didn't have them I don't know that I would be here right now. I know I shouldn't let this end it for me but he is the last person - they were the last people - I thought would do this to me. It's so hard pretending I'm okay for the kids when I feel like I'm dying inside, too.

Quoting djamommyoftwo: I'm sorry that happened, I caught my ex dh cheating on me more than once. I know how devastating it can be.

Just take a deep breath and collect your thoughts. Decide where you should go from here.
Hugs to you mama!!
djamommyoftwo
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:55 PM
It's okay to be upset, trying to hold it all in will just make you more stressed.

Just don't let being upset hold you down. I know that's easier said than done, but you can get through this!

When I get upset, it helps if I formulate a plan.
You need to decide what you want to do from here and make it happen.

It's hard but it will get easier!!

I used to get pissed when people told me that, but it really is true.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I'm honestly numb. I just lost my job (which I loved) and the love of my life in the course of one night. I have no idea what to do. Everything feels extremely hopeless. I'm only upright at the moment because the kids need me. If I didn't have them I don't know that I would be here right now. I know I shouldn't let this end it for me but he is the last person - they were the last people - I thought would do this to me. It's so hard pretending I'm okay for the kids when I feel like I'm dying inside, too.

Quoting djamommyoftwo: I'm sorry that happened, I caught my ex dh cheating on me more than once. I know how devastating it can be.

Hugs to you mama!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM
Taking care of yourself is a sign that you are a good mom.
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:07 PM
Make that call and do not give your name.
LEmommy0913
by Rachel on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:08 PM
I don't think so. I called a few times when I was 13 or so. Nothing happened other than I had someone to talk to
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)