Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm disappointed my daughter isn't having a religious wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies
We raised her Catholic...her and her fiancé have been engaged for 1 year, they're getting married next summer...they live together now which my Dh and I and his parents weren't thrilled about but what can you do..?

Anyway they told us today they're having it at a country club/golf course and having a friend officiate...I bit my tongue but Dh said she always knew that if she wanted us to pay, it had to be a church wedding...she said okay and changed the subject and Dh said what, that's all you have to say and rolled her eyes and said fine, don't pay, we figured you wouldn't...Dh was annoyed she was so flippant about something that hurts us and told her that it hurts us she's chosen to reject morals and she said she's not a Christian, she's not having a religious wedding and if our imaginary friend and we didn't like it, we could all try to get over it

Dh left the room, they left a few minutes later...gah I wish we didn't have this tension during what's supposed to be a very happy time...
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh get over yourself. It's not your wedding, don't be a selfish bitch. 

sheramom4
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:01 PM
9 moms liked this

You put conditions on paying and she is choosing her own way and funding it herself. You have nothing to be hurt over. She isn't you. 

If anything she should be hurt by your limitations on a gift. Don't expect to be included in anything having to do with the wedding beyond being a guest. 

sexy_lil_momma
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
2 moms liked this
She's getting married not you. just be happy for her
SexyBurlapSack
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Suck it up, buttercup. You've gotten exactly what you deserve.

Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
It is not your wedding. Get over it.
LeilaBeansMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
This.

Quoting sheramom4:

You put conditions on paying and she is choosing her own way and funding it herself. You have nothing to be hurt over. She isn't you. 

If anything she should be hurt by your limitations on a gift. Don't expect to be included in anything having to do with the wedding beyond being a guest. 

that_girl_kk
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM
This would make me want to do something totally off the wall.
whooperz
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh well. It's her day not yours
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting sheramom4:

I agree with you. It is her wedding not her parents. She shouldn't have money dangled over her head like a carrot so that her parents get what THEY want. That isn't right. 

drowningmama
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her do what she wants. Dont ruin her wedding. She will forever loathe you if you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)