Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In comparison to your childhood...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

Is your child/children spoiled?  Or did you get as much attention/gifts/parties and such as well growing up?

I have one child and he is definitely spolied both materialistically and emotionally.  My childhood was pretty terrible so I try to give him what I didn't have.  Love and stability and awesome gifts when I can afford it.  And of course responsibility.  

**Just wanted to add that he's a s materialistically spoiled as my middle class budget can allow..lol.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.PinkSunshine.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:58 PM

no

crazycanary
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM

I'd say we do a lot more with her...more fun things than I got to do. Not spoiled per se, she's a good kid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM
Spoiled children here and proud of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM
Spoiled rotten
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:00 PM

My children are way more spoiled than either DH or myself. They are not spoiled rotten though. They appreciate what they get and thank us profusely. They only thing we both had was a grandparent that made us feel like the world revolved around us. My children have never had that.

readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:01 PM

my childhood can't compare, my kids are acknowledged and loved, everything else is extra.

bigmomma04
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
I was more spoiled growing up than my kids.
chicknabiscuit
by Bronze Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:02 PM
In some ways they are, in some ways not... in many ways, it's a lot like my childhood.

catcameback1
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM

Well, CAS took me because I had no food, heat, winter clothing, shoes, clean clothes, or suitable shelter. 

So yea, I guess in comparison he's living the dream lmao

He's just an average kid really :)

Stephd710
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM
My kids are definitely spoiled compared to what I was. I am the oldest of four kids and my dad was a truck driver. My mom didn't work until my youngest sibling started school. We were low income. We never starved but there were no vacations or extra toys besides at Christmas.

My girls are my only kids and I make a decent living and budget well. They get to go on lots of weekend trips and get toys every once in awhile for no reason.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)