Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you put in your chili?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM
  • 10 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mine is....

Packet of taco or chili seasoning
Black beans
Kidney beans
Chili beans
Corn
Rotel
Petite diced tomatoes
Diced onion
Diced green bell pepper
1 lb ground chuck

And then we usually top it with Fritos, shredded sharp cheddar and sour cream. But sometimes we just serve with saltines.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:11 PM
I use dried chili so grind in the blender along with chipotles in adobo. I don't use those packets, mainly salt and chemicals.
Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM
What is adobo?

Quoting Spam72: I use dried chili so grind in the blender along with chipotles in adobo. I don't use those packets, mainly salt and chemicals.
Ultrakiwi
by Glockenspiel on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I make veggie chili. Lots of peppers and whatnot. I like to make sure it burns my insides.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I eat canned.....

I'm the only one in my family who will eat it and I like it hot, which, again, makes me the odd one out.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Adobo sauce is a type of hot sauce or marinade used in Mexican and Southwestern cuisines. Adobo is a Spanish word for "sauce" or "marinade," and the dark red adobo sauce is used in many contexts in Mexican food. Its main ingredients are typically chile peppers, garlic, and vinegar, though variations are common. Tomatoes, onions, and a variety of herbs and spices often complete the recipe.

Quoting Mom2five87: What is adobo?

Quoting Spam72: I use dried chili so grind in the blender along with chipotles in adobo. I don't use those packets, mainly salt and chemicals.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM
I prefer ratatouille chilli.

So...
Ratatouille
Diced Tomatoes
Green Chilies
Kidney Beans
Black Beans
Ground Turkey
Roasted Garlic
Italian Seasoning
Pepper

And I top it with cheese.

I came up with it one day because my mother hated ratatouille, but I had 2 gallons of it. So I just started tossing things in the crockpot with it. Everyone loves it.

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Yeah I can't eat canned chili. Ick. lol

Quoting shadow_lark: I eat canned.....

I'm the only one in my family who will eat it and I like it hot, which, again, makes me the odd one out.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Ground beef, onions, minced garlic, ground cumin, dried oregano, chili powder, cayenne, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, ro tel, beer, coffee, black beans, and sometimes cocoa powder.
shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM
I don't like most of them, but stagg has one I really like. I tried making my own and it wouldn't freeze right. Just not worth the effort or money

Quoting Mom2five87: Yeah I can't eat canned chili. Ick. lol

Quoting shadow_lark: I eat canned.....

Mom2five87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)