Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strange Fever, WDYT? ETA AFTER TRIP TO ER

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM
  • 53 Replies
My 7 year old started running a fever Friday evening. No other symptoms, just the fever and feeling sleepy. It's not a small fever either, after the meds wear off it hovers between 102-103. He says he feel fine and looks good and is acting mostly normal. He's just tired. This afternoon he's started coughing but again nothing extreme or anything that couldn't be just allergies. If the fever remains throughout tonight I'll take him to the Dr buy this just has me flummoxed. In my 10 years of being a mom I've not dealt with anything like this. So anyone ever dealt with something like this? Any ideas what this could be?

So, while I was talking to you ladies he was laying in my lap. I noticed he just kept getting hotter and retook his temp. It had spiked to 103.9 and his breathing became erratic. Took him in and he had the flu type B. We live in Oklahoma, in the last 4 months type B flu has killed 98 people and hospitalized hundreds more here. Now my baby has it. :( I won't be sleeping for a while. Prayers and well wishes appreciated.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Could it be Mono?

Aslen
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:13 PM
I would cut the tylenol and do a lukewarm bath and let him sleep.
LyTe684
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:15 PM
Been there, done that. I let it run its course unless it's been a week or there are other questionable symptoms.
blessed107
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:16 PM

My daughter when she was around 3 played all day, later that evening she spiked a fever out of no where. It turned out to be pneumonia. She went from 101 to 102 in a matter of minutes. That when I decided to just take in her. By the time we got there in went to 104. She was seizing.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM
I don't see how. Isn't that passed by kissing? I don't know.......definitely going to the Dr tomorrow now!

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Could it be Mono?

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:18 PM

Make sure he is staying hydrated and take him in tomorrow am. hugs mamma.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:19 PM
He's taken a couple already, just because it helps him feel better. Why do you say to cut the Tylenol?

Quoting Aslen: I would cut the tylenol and do a lukewarm bath and let him sleep.
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM
How scary! I hope she's better now.

Quoting blessed107:

My daughter when she was around 3 played all day, later that evening she spiked a fever out of no where. It turned out to be pneumonia. She went from 101 to 102 in a matter of minutes. That when I decided to just take in her. By the time we got there in went to 104. She was seizing.

krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:23 PM
I am, thanks!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Make sure he is staying hydrated and take him in tomorrow am. hugs mamma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM
Might be starting to get strep. I know in my town it's going around really bad and is coming on with no warnings just really high fevers then testing positive for it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)