Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is why I'm against a 1950's lifestyle

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

I was a SAHM for many years, but my husband and I shared the household duties.  Sometimes he would cook, sometimes I would.  We would take turns with the laundry, cleaning, washing dishes, and taking care of the kids.  The only thing we did that was "traditional" was that he worked out of the house and I stayed at home.  I did work off and on during the last 14 years, and I loved making my own money and getting a paycheck every other week. 

I'm now working FT now that my kids are in school, and I plan on going back to get my degree in a subject I love and want a career in.  I love my current job even though it has nothing to do with my field of study.  I want to be able to have a nice retirement and not have to worry about money when I'm older.  I also want to be able to provide my children and grandchildren with help if they ever need it, which I hope they don't.  I also want my kids to know that they can do other things than "traditional" gender roles.  My daughter can cook and clean, but she's also taking shop because she wants to.  My son loves to build stuff, but he also likes to help out in the kitchen and clean windows (that's his thing lol, I don't know why).  

The 1950's lifestyle isn't for me.  If it's for you, that's great, and I hope you're happy with it.  I just wanted to offer another perspective.  

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)