Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm going bald

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

Mobile Photo

I've never had short hair before, but I have breast cancer and tomorrow I find out when I'll start chemo and how often it will be. I figured this would be a little less devastating once it starts falling out.

I've ordered a couple cute hats already and I'm thinking about trying make up for the first time ever. I'm going to need something to feel better about this.

What do you think?
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kezzzy
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Bump
ladybuglove08
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM
I think your cut is absolutely adorable
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:49 PM
I shaved mine completely off. I wasn't letting chemo make me wake up with a fuzzy pillow.

P.S it looks great.
kezzzy
by Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:51 PM
I thought about that. I'm not quite ready to go there yet though

Quoting Anonymous 1: I shaved mine completely off. I wasn't letting chemo make me wake up with a fuzzy pillow.

P.S it looks great.
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM
You're adorable. Cute cut and will look fabulous with a hat and scarf or bald.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:52 PM
I think your haircut looks great. I hope everything goes smoothly for you... I'm sorry about your diagnosis, and I look forward to your future "I beat this" post. Best wishes to you and your family.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:53 PM
I think with your beautiful face and adorable dimple, it doesn't matter what is on your head. Kick cancers ass, Mama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:54 PM
Cute cut good luck!!
fairymom82
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:54 PM
Get some fancy scarves learn some amazing turbans or rock a bald head. I bet you would look really cute any way you are hair or no hair. My hair is falling out from kidney disease and malnutrition from being sick all the time. I'm damn close to shaving it all off. Dont worry about hair hon, you will be awesome and adorable N matter what:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:55 PM
Hey, whatever works. For me, my thought was, I'm going to lose it all anyway. I wanted to decide when I lose it all.

That's about all I can control, so I kinda grabbed life by the horns and took control of what I could.

My 2x survivor friend said she was glad I did it because no one warned her and watching her hair come out in chunks was devastating.

I never regretted my decision (still bald).

I hope you are as happy with your decision.

What is your prognosis? What kind do you have? Will you also get radiation? Surgery?

No pressure to answer those. I know it can be hard.

Quoting kezzzy: I thought about that. I'm not quite ready to go there yet though

Quoting Anonymous 1: I shaved mine completely off. I wasn't letting chemo make me wake up with a fuzzy pillow.

P.S it looks great.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)