Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My "ignore" posts.

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this
've explained this so many times but apparently many people are still not understanding. So I figured I would make a post and hopefully clear it up once and for all. :)

I'm sure many of you have seen them, and for those who haven't, I'll explain to you what exactly it is I'm referring to.

WHAT IT IS : a post I make with the title "ignore". Inside the post will be a picture. No text, nothing else in the body, just a picture.
I then immediately delete the post. It is usually up for only about 5 seconds. The longest that one has ever been up was about 30 seconds (because my internet closed out on my phone and I had to pull it back up )
Usually the post has no replies (because I don't leave them up long enough to get any replies). Chances are, if you try to reply to it, the post will be deleted before you're able to even type one out. Every now and then someone is quick enough to get a reply in but it's rare.

WHY I MAKE THEM - the short answer is this , it's the only way I can post a pic in a comment without it coming out tiny. It's also the only way I can quote someone with a pic via mobile. I need the code in the post.

Long answer - I am ALWAYS mobile on here. Always have been, likely always will be. When adding pics from mobile, you have to upload them to a mobile album. For some reason, when I make a post and add a photo, it comes out normal sized (like this

I

) BUT when I COMMENT with a picture (be it in my own post or anyone else's ), my pic comes out tiny. (I'll add a pic in the first comment of this post to show you what I'm talking about). Like this

So, I figured out a way to be able to comment with pictures and make them come out normal sized. For instance, yesterday someone made a selfie post. I decided I wanted to participate and add my photo to the post.
So I made an "ignore" post.
What I do is make a post with a pic. Go to "edit post". Copy the encoding for the pic. Delete the post. Go back to the "selfie post" (or whichever post I'm trying to add a pic to), go to the comment section. Paste the encoding . Add my comment. And my pic comes up normal sized :)

Similarly, as I'm sure all the mobile users are aware, we are still unable to quote someone with a pic via mobile. So when I want to quote someone with a pic, I use this same method. Make an "ignore" post, copy the code, delete the post, quote whomever I was trying to quote, and paste the code for the picture.

It's as simple as that lol. I'm very sorry to burst the bubble of the silly people who theorized that I made the posts to "seek attention" hoping for someone to notice them! LMFAO. Y'all really come up with the strangest things.
But it's really just so I can add a pic to a comment or a quote and have it come out normal sized. :)
I really do want you to ignore the posts. It's not a ploy to get you to open it lol. But even if you decide to open it, it's just going to be deleted within the next few seconds anyway, so whatever "attention" you think you're giving me will be wasted.

ETA- after reading some replies, I think part of the issue may be that i still use the text site (m.cafemom.com) and never switched over to the 2.0 version.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:32 PM

See, when I comment with a pic, it comes out like this :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
First!
TheFairest
by Mother of Dragons on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:34 PM
What kind of phone do you have?
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:35 PM
iPhone. I *think* it's a 5s.

Quoting TheFairest: What kind of phone do you have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angl_gurl1
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this

honestly we dont care why u post or whatever

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM

You can't upload them from your phone without sending/uploading them to the album? 

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm mobile and post pictures and even quote people with pictures all the time. You're making shit entirely too complicated. Nobody understands because it's completely unnecessary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:36 PM
I'm always mobile and my pics load just fine. Why do you need a code? Can't you just click "choose file" then "add pic" and post it?
theboyfactory
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM
We haven't had to upload to a mobile album in forever. You can add files directly now. I didn't know people still used the mobile album. Is it an old phone?
504bbymami
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 7:37 PM
But I can copy from the op and quote/comment like this

I

)

Quoting 504bbymami:

See, when I comment with a pic, it comes out like this :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)