Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's mad that I didnt use it???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I lived in my MILs house (she did not live with us. she and SFIL lived next door) anyways we recently moved out and we are still getting crap out of there ( we are paid for the fulls months) anyways her oven is over ten years old and it has a self cleaning button. I used it ONCE and it started smoking the entire house so I never used it again. She called me and was asking if I ever used it and I said just once and never again and now she is mad that it wasnt used and is no longer working. She thinks if she throws in appliances it will help her house sell so she was saying how to she have to get it fixed to make it usable in the house. Sorry lady but your moldy washer (its a front loading washer and the rubber is growing mold. we have tried to remove it) and your old ass appliances is not going to help sell your messed up house.

sigh so glad that I dont have to deal with that anymore

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:12 PM

I've only used mine once. There wasn't smoke, but the smell made me feel like I was going to die. Never again, lol.

I didn't know it was a use it or it'll stop working type of thing?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:14 PM

run

quickly

no

faster than that!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont think it is but its an old stove and things just quit working after a while

Quoting Zazayam:

I've only used mine once. There wasn't smoke, but the smell made me feel like I was going to die. Never again, lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:16 PM

we did thank God!!!

I will never do that again...

Quoting Anonymous 2:

run

quickly

no

faster than that!!!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:19 PM
So, were you paying rent?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:20 PM

yes we did

no deposit was paid because they begged for us to move in and take over payments.

Quoting Anonymous 3: So, were you paying rent?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:33 PM
I guess I'm not really seeing an issue. She mow wants to sell the house and add new appliances in to help with thst process. It makes sense.
If the house was that crappy when you guys moved in, you v oiuld have talked to them, like most do to a landlord, about you guys working on it and taking money off the rent. Or telling her some thongs need tobe fixed for it to be better.
We have 2 rent houses on our street. Hoarders moved into one of them and messed it up pretty badly. The next people that moved in had a deal with the landlord. They replaced the carpet, painted the walls and totally cleaned it up.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

yes we did

no deposit was paid because they begged for us to move in and take over payments.

Mammacra
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes i tried and the smell was horrible and my oven wasn't that dirty only 8 months old and not used every day

Quoting Zazayam:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:15 PM

we dont live there anymore

we moved out recently *actually two days ago.*

we have tried telling them things that needed to be fixed but they would rather burn it to ground then actually fix it up. They are going to try to sell it but it wont sell because it wont pass inspection

we had to rip out the carpet*with MILs blessing* because SFIL tried to clean the carpets and did not get all the water up so it molded. the bottom rooms carpet is moldy because we told them when it was raining really hard it would soak them and he wouldnt even try to fix the problem. It took a little while to get out since I just recently started working and we can afford better now

Quoting Anonymous 3: I guess I'm not really seeing an issue. She mow wants to sell the house and add new appliances in to help with thst process. It makes sense. If the house was that crappy when you guys moved in, you v oiuld have talked to them, like most do to a landlord, about you guys working on it and taking money off the rent. Or telling her some thongs need tobe fixed for it to be better. We have 2 rent houses on our street. Hoarders moved into one of them and messed it up pretty badly. The next people that moved in had a deal with the landlord. They replaced the carpet, painted the walls and totally cleaned it up.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

yes we did

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)