Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

withdrawal and FA?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
I'm taking classes, one is a 12 week class. Im struggling to keep up and not understanding the 12 week class at all right now. Ive been considering withdrawing from the class (we only had 3 days after the class began to drop it) but i have no clue how it'll impact my financial aid?? Obviously can't find out from the school til tomorrow but I'm curious if anyone has an idea of how that works?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:42 PM
You just started the class. How about hang in there and get tutoring. I wouldn't postpone the class. I graduated a bit ago so i dont remember how it effect fa.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:42 PM
What class is it?
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM

If it drops you below full time you will lose FA.  If you need it for your degree and the other courses you are taking you don't you could lose FA.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:53 PM

We're I think 5 weeks in and I dont understand a thing, I cant get to tutoring because I cant afford extra childcare. I only have til a certain time to withdraw without a wf

Quoting Anonymous 2: You just started the class. How about hang in there and get tutoring. I wouldn't postpone the class. I graduated a bit ago so i dont remember how it effect fa.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:53 PM

an Economics class

Quoting Anonymous 2: What class is it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:54 PM

With the class I am on credit below full time. Its one of my elective classes for my degree (I have three options and need to take one of them). Only classes I'm taking are the ones I need for my degree, dont have time or energy for any others.

Quoting ReachtotheStars:

If it drops you below full time you will lose FA.  If you need it for your degree and the other courses you are taking you don't you could lose FA.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:05 PM
I think if you drop it or fail you have to pay for it...there is some other choices too but the details will vary.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:06 PM

IF yu drop the class within a certain time frame  you will get 100% refund. The longer  you wait the less money you get back

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM
If so, I'm screwed. Yay >.< I've put all my focus into this class this week and I have assignments due I don't understand and can't figure out... But I can't afford to pay for it right now either.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I think if you drop it or fail you have to pay for it...there is some other choices too but the details will vary.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM
We only had 3 days to drop it after it started :/ so I have to do a withdraw and only have a short time to withdraw without a wf...

Quoting Sassy762:

IF yu drop the class within a certain time frame  you will get 100% refund. The longer  you wait the less money you get back

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)