Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your thoughts on single parent adoption, and gay couple adoption

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:30 PM
  • 50 Replies

Do you think single parents should be allowed to adopt & why?

Do you think gay couples should be allowed to adopt & why?

Writing a paper for school and I would like to see what both sides main arguments are.  

by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:41 PM
Some people won't help gay people adopt a kid. But alot of adoption agencies do. I'm not against gay's I think they are just awesome.

Single parents adopt yeah why not? I think they have every right to adopt a kid if they are not married.

My dds bio dad is adopted at the age of 3 and she was a single mom for his whole life. She raised him right till after he graduated from Hs. And turned into a complete idiot.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:41 PM
I think anyone who is financially and emotionally capable of dealing with a child should be able to adopt.
ReachtotheStars
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:42 PM

Quoting Anonymous 1: Some people won't help gay people adopt a kid. But alot of adoption agencies do. I'm not against gay's I think they are just awesome. Single parents adopt yeah why not? I think they have every right to adopt a kid if they are not married. My dds bio dad is adopted at the age of 3 and she was a single mom for his whole life. She raised him right till after he graduated from Hs. And turned into a complete idiot.

I was going to do just gay adoption, then I did research and learned it is twice as hard to adopt if you are single than if you are a married gay couple.  I was quite surprised.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:42 PM
I'm iffy about single parent adoptions. Its not all about finances. Studies show kids do better when both parents are actively involved in their lives. Sure there are plenty of kids with one parent who do well, but why create that situation? Gay couples I have no problem with them adopting but I firmly believe their lifestyle is not natural.
AngelSinger
by MS Warrior on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:44 PM
I think there are far too many kids who need a home. I can imagine it makes many of them feel bitter and resentful that they are being moved from foster home to foster home, group home to group home, having their lives upended multiple times to the detriment of their education, their ability to make and maintain friendships, and their emotional well-being...all because some strangers disapprove of the lifestyle of the wonderful people who want desperately to give them a forever home.

That's what I think about it.
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:45 PM
Its actually very hard being considered for adoption as a gay couple. We researched and were rejected by several organizations before deciding to have our own kids. I think any loving person who's looking to add a child to their family and ca afford it should be allowed to adopt.
NBVP1
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:46 PM
I think that any loving, competent and capable person should not only be allowed but encouraged to adopt.

I think it is absurd and disgusting that anyone would rather a child suffer or cycle through foster care than live with a gay couple who could provide them with stability and love.
Toonkasmommy
by Challenger 💗 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:46 PM
I feel they're no different than a straight couple adopting. As long as they have love to give and a stable environment it's all good to me.
nicki.hemingway
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:47 PM

I am all for both.  If you are financially stable and have a desire to raise a child in a good environment why not?  ALso two parent households are less the norm now so why not?

ShaMac
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Better one than none. Sure one isn't ideal but for a kid with no parent, that one parent would look like a miracle.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'm iffy about single parent adoptions. Its not all about finances. Studies show kids do better when both parents are actively involved in their lives. Sure there are plenty of kids with one parent who do well, but why create that situation? Gay couples I have no problem with them adopting but I firmly believe their lifestyle is not natural.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)