Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So apparently I'm racist...

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:01 PM
  • 46 Replies
Because I didn't need help unloading MY CAR!

My sister recently bought house and I was bringing her some of her stuff from our Mom's house. It wasn't a huge amount and I had my sister and daughter there. Her neighbor was sitting in his front steps and asked me if i had a lot and if I needed any help. I was polite and told him we had it and thanked him.

After we got everything in the house my daughter and I headed outside to lock up my car because we were going with my sister to Wal Mart. This guy waves me over and says to me you don't need to be RACIST, I just wanted to help. I just stood there gaping at him. Then he told me to listen to the song playing on his radio. It was an old Michael Jackson song "black or white". I made the comment that it was a good song. Then my sister came out and I made my escape.

His comment threw me off and frankly annoyed me. I might have said something but I didn't want to cause my sister any problems since she was new to the neighborhood.and at that moment I didn't know what to say. It really ticks me off that people do this.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM
3 moms liked this
That guy sounds crazy. I don't care what color his skin is, but I am not letting a strange man help carry things into my house.
chillaxe
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:04 PM
lol @frankly ;)
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:11 PM
That's kind of the impression I got. And I agree, I wouldn't either and my sister didn't want him in the house either. He has helped her move things into her garage. I think he's harmless but it just surprised me.

Quoting LilysMama719: That guy sounds crazy. I don't care what color his skin is, but I am not letting a strange man help carry things into my house.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:13 PM
That's what I did in the car when I told my sister what he said. I was even smiling after he said that but I'm sure I had a funny expression on my face.

Quoting chillaxe: lol @frankly ;)
TiffanyRose06
by Queso<3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:13 PM
LOL shame on you for being racist ;p
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:14 PM
I know, right!

Quoting TiffanyRose06: LOL shame on you for being racist ;p
SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:16 PM
it's obvious he's never seen the video to that song.
Ashgambit
by Boomstick on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:16 PM

Mobile Photo

😄
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:21 PM
I'm sure, that's true.

Quoting SlytherinQueen: it's obvious he's never seen the video to that song.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:21 PM
Lol

Quoting Ashgambit:

Mobile Photo

😄
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)