Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am jazz

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Have you read this book? Would you read this book would you allow you're children too? What are you're feelings on this book? How do you feel about people who are transgender?☺
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:42 PM
I think I saw something on Facebook about this.??? She is going to have a tlc show? Today was the first I have seen about her.
the_dude
by abides on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:43 PM

No, but I would, my children already understand transition, but that wouldn't stop me. I have close family that is transgender, and I support them 100% 

RazzleMySpazz
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:43 PM
Never heard of it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 10:48 PM
I just read about her. I Don't know anything about the book, but as a kids book, I'd be torn. My son is 7 and barely notices differences and always looks for good in people. I know he'll have to learn about these issues one day, but right now I see no reason for him to learn about this because if he met someone transgendered right now, he would just see a human being. I'll let him learn to love and accept people (or decide they aren't a friend for him if that's the case) based on him getting to know people for the people they are and let him worry about the hatred in the world later.
P.s. I swear he's not a precious snowflake who I am overprotecting. This is just an area that has stayed innocent and I'll address it honestly when the time comes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:55 AM
You're son sounds like a wonderful caring child I wish more people acted as u say you're son does. ☺

Quoting Anonymous 3: I just read about her. I Don't know anything about the book, but as a kids book, I'd be torn. My son is 7 and barely notices differences and always looks for good in people. I know he'll have to learn about these issues one day, but right now I see no reason for him to learn about this because if he met someone transgendered right now, he would just see a human being. I'll let him learn to love and accept people (or decide they aren't a friend for him if that's the case) based on him getting to know people for the people they are and let him worry about the hatred in the world later.
P.s. I swear he's not a precious snowflake who I am overprotecting. This is just an area that has stayed innocent and I'll address it honestly when the time comes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:55 AM
You're son sounds like a wonderful caring child I wish more people acted as u say you're son does. ☺

Quoting Anonymous 3: I just read about her. I Don't know anything about the book, but as a kids book, I'd be torn. My son is 7 and barely notices differences and always looks for good in people. I know he'll have to learn about these issues one day, but right now I see no reason for him to learn about this because if he met someone transgendered right now, he would just see a human being. I'll let him learn to love and accept people (or decide they aren't a friend for him if that's the case) based on him getting to know people for the people they are and let him worry about the hatred in the world later.
KristenFowles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:56 AM
I haven't heard anything about it..

But, yes.. I would be comfortable talking about Transgender with my children.

autodidact
by Snarknado on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

yes, I would have my kids read it. 

I have no issues with people being transgender. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:58 AM
no
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:00 AM
I Would buy it, i have read about Jazz before and think she's a brave young lady with a wonderful family. My children have a transgender aunt, my oldest knows aunt J was born as a boy, and he understands. My daughter will understand in time as well.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)