Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help my fat a**.....

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:35 PM
  • 32 Replies
DH and I decided to change our lifestyle as our new years resolution. 2 months ago We overhauled our diet, joined a gym and work out a minimum of 5 days a week.

I completely cut out processed carbs, am eating between 1000 to 1200 calories a day, limiting portions, drinking a shit ton of water, drinking green tea... etc.

I am not losing SHIT!

WHAT am I doing wrong?????
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Goodybag1
by CuteiPie on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM
Just keep going!!
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this
You may need to up your calories.
taylorsmom1987
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM
How long have you been working out?
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:36 PM
Take pictures and measurements instead.

Sometimes it takes awhile for the scale to move.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:37 PM
Doesn't sound like you are eating enough. Your body is in starvation mode.
sissyboogs
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:39 PM
I'd guess you're not eating enough. I have a very limited window for weight loss...if I eat too much, I gain...not enough, I gain...I have to hit the sweet spot. And, it's different for everyone based on weight and activity level.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:44 PM

Let me know when you figure it out. I am going next week to get my thyroid checked. I weigh 360, eat 1000-1500 calories a day depending on the day. Don't eat any processed foods, stick to lean proteins(fish and chicken), eat LOTS of greens and reds and purples, only drink water and I work out 5 days a week for 1-2 hours. And that doesn't include the countless times I go up and down the stairs in my home and weed my yard and tend to my garden and playing with LO. By the estimates I should be underweight because of how active I am but instead I am 200 pounds overweight and NOTHING I do is taking the weight off. So I am hoping this thyroid panel is the answer. If this isn't the problem I  have no idea what I am going to do. I am very seriously considering weight loss surgery if this is not the answer.

working-girl
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:48 PM
A month now. I start with cardio and with each visit I rotate between a focus on core, lower body, and upper body.

Quoting taylorsmom1987: How long have you been working out?
working-girl
by Silver Member on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this
So maybe up it to 1500?

Quoting Anonymous 1: Doesn't sound like you are eating enough. Your body is in starvation mode.
taylorsmom1987
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:51 PM
Hang in there you should see results soon

Quoting working-girl: A month now. I start with cardio and with each visit I rotate between a focus on core, lower body, and upper body.

Quoting taylorsmom1987: How long have you been working out?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)