Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so depressed, I started smoking again.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
I had a miscarriage about 2 months ago and Ever since I've been really depressed. Almost ran away and everything. I was taking anti depressant pills and I stopped them which was a mistake. And now I started smoking again (I had quit about 1 and 1/2years ago). I didn't tell bf and I didn't even text my best friend back today cause I just didn't want to talk about any of it. Idk :(
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:51 AM
*hugs* I'm sorry for your loss. I remember after my miscarriage, I was severely depressed. Can you find a different habit to do instead of smoking? Or get an e-cig with no/little nicotine. Maybe go away for a weekend to get your mind off everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:51 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:55 AM
Thank you. I know I never should have picked one up again but I did. I wish I could get away for a little bit but I have 2 little kids I can't leave.

Quoting dragonborn: *hugs* I'm sorry for your loss. I remember after my miscarriage, I was severely depressed. Can you find a different habit to do instead of smoking? Or get an e-cig with no/little nicotine. Maybe go away for a weekend to get your mind off everything.
143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:55 AM

Sometimes talking helps. Especially to a bff. 

I miscarried my 1st pregnancy. I was depressed too. It's to be expected. I'll say this, if I had that baby, I wouldn't have the 2 I have now. I like to think we have a special angel watching over us. 

You quit smoking once before, you can do it again. I smoke for stress, I'm not proud of it, but for now, it's where I am. 

In time, things will get...better. You don't ever get over losing a baby, but in time, you learn to live with it..better. At least I did. 

Hang in there. 

((hugs))

dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:58 AM
Take those two little ones and do something extra special. Focus on their happy faces and remember that you have two wonderful children that need to have their mommy as happy as they are.
I'm to talk if you need to!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I know I never should have picked one up again but I did. I wish I could get away for a little bit but I have 2 little kids I can't leave.

Quoting dragonborn: *hugs* I'm sorry for your loss. I remember after my miscarriage, I was severely depressed. Can you find a different habit to do instead of smoking? Or get an e-cig with no/little nicotine. Maybe go away for a weekend to get your mind off everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Thank you

Quoting 143myboys9496:

Sometimes talking helps. Especially to a bff. 

I miscarried my 1st pregnancy. I was depressed too. It's to be expected. I'll say this, if I had that baby, I wouldn't have the 2 I have now. I like to think we have a special angel watching over us. 

You quit smoking once before, you can do it again. I smoke for stress, I'm not proud of it, but for now, it's where I am. 

In time, things will get...better. You don't ever get over losing a baby, but in time, you learn to live with it..better. At least I did. 

Hang in there. 

((hugs))

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:07 AM
Thank you. Honestly I've been through a lot in the passed year and half so I think it's more of everything bothering me.

Quoting dragonborn: Take those two little ones and do something extra special. Focus on their happy faces and remember that you have two wonderful children that need to have their mommy as happy as they are.
I'm to talk if you need to!

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you. I know I never should have picked one up again but I did. I wish I could get away for a little bit but I have 2 little kids I can't leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:14 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:18 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:20 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)