Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

settle this argument

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Hubby and i were driving down a 2 lane eacH way highway. I was in the left lane and in front of me there were cars as far as the eye can see. The entire line is going the speed limit. The right hand lane is completely full and moving about 10 mph slower.
So the truck behind me is revving up his engine at me, tail gating, and trying to pass me on the left where there's no lane. I couldn't get right because there's just no space. A few minutes later we pass a major exit and most of the cars in the right lane exit. He doesn't even give them a chance to fully exit before he goes in the right lane, flies around me, and intentionally cuts way too close to my front bumper before switching lanes again and exiting to the right.
my dad insists i would have been given a ticket for not moving to the right when he wanted to go faster. First of all there was no possible way for me to safely do that and secondly i was going the speed of traffic why would i be legally required to move?
What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
donnag013
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:56 AM

You are not obligated to move over if you are doing the speed limit or if it wasn't safe. Where's the law that says that?

Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:02 AM
No.. You aren't obligated to move over
Bennett121
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:06 AM
If you are going the speed limit you dont have to move over.
If the traffic in front of you is going the same speed as you, you don't have to get over for him. If you did it would only put him one more car ahead and then he would be honking at the car that was in front of you.
He sounds like a jerk off.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:14 AM
Exactly! And if it's a traffic jam should everybody move over just because he wants to get through? I hate when people think they're so important everybody should do everything they want.

Quoting Bennett121: If you are going the speed limit you dont have to move over.
If the traffic in front of you is going the same speed as you, you don't have to get over for him. If you did it would only put him one more car ahead and then he would be honking at the car that was in front of you.
He sounds like a jerk off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)