Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chewing tobacco or dipping?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

In my attempt to finally quit cigarettes once and for all, I have started dipping skoal.  I know it's not a feminine thing so I only do it when I'm home or in the car, but it's working and I have not had a cigarette in 47 days.  Has anyone here ever tried dipping and did you hide it from everyone?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Keara20
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:29 AM
My DH uses dip. I tried once after running out of smokes. I puked. Have you tried vaping instead? I cant , I am allergic to the propelyn glycol but its better for you than dipping
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:30 AM
Yah that is no better then smoking...
So instead of lung cancer you are raising your risk of tongue, esophageal, and lip cancer.
143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:33 AM

My kids have a friend who chews tobacco..I think that's what you mean..he uses SO much he can barely talk, and he leaves his.....spit cups all over the friggin place. 

I'm a nurse and have a thick skin for gross, the spit cups with his regurgitated chew in them takes the cake. 

If it's a stepping stone for you, I say do what you gotta do, you know? 

But if you're using that to replace smoking you're just changing the location of the cancer. (sorry..to be so blunt but really that's the truth)

StepMom304
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 4:34 AM

My dh is a trucker and he dips alot since he's not allowed to smoke in his truck.  I started dipping with him about 8 yrs ago and I usually only do it a couple times a day...I enjoy the taste alot better than cigarettes but that's just me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)