Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH thinks I owe him?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 117 Replies
1 mom liked this
So....DH wasn't working. He was taking his time looking for work. Fie a good while I helped him with his kids. His bills etc. Eventually,,I got sick if it and put them all out.

I said after he took his kids home and he had a job he could return. He got upset as he felt I was "supposed" to take care of them. No. He is supposed to take care of us OR at least himself.

This went on over a year. I finally told him I can't do any more for him or his.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TediLee
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Why does he think you owe him? Did he support you while you stayed home with the kids or something?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:38 AM
Hell no. He was a SAHD then when our kids started school he refused to work. He kept starting businesses.

So I stopped helping with his kids and threw them out.

He feels because we are married I owe all of them.

Quoting TediLee:

Why does he think you owe him? Did he support you while you stayed home with the kids or something?

KsAangel25
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:39 AM
If they are his kids from a previous relationship I can see where you are coming from. They are his and the bio mothers responsibility. How long have you been married?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:40 AM
8 years. Yes they are from a previous relationship.

Quoting KsAangel25: If they are his kids from a previous relationship I can see where you are coming from. They are his and the bio mothers responsibility. How long have you been married?
mehaffiesub
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:42 AM
5 moms liked this
What if the roles had been reversed what if he was the one doing this to you and your kids how would you feel.
KsAangel25
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:45 AM
Quoting Anonymous 1: 8 years. Yes they are from a previous relationship.

Quoting KsAangel25: If they are his kids from a previous relationship I can see where you are coming from. They are his and the bio mothers responsibility. How long have you been married?
Nope, you don't owe him anything. I could maybe see if he worked for many years and took care of you and he became ill and couldn't work and you began working to support him. But not his kids. You didn't bring them into this world. How old are his kids?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:47 AM
You owe him nothing
only_1_4_me
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 6:48 AM
2 moms liked this

well, I can understand the frustration... I just couldnt kick my husband out though... Then again, I think its my job as his wife to help him along in life just as he does for me.

PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:05 AM
2 moms liked this

I have a feeling I know why his first wife divorced him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:10 AM
4 moms liked this
I would never sit around and drag my spouse down. I'd paid all his bills even his CS. I'd paid his tuition. Eventually the loans and credit cards all fell on me and I needed the help. We are in this ditch together. He needs to get his shovel!

Quoting mehaffiesub: What if the roles had been reversed what if he was the one doing this to you and your kids how would you feel.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)