Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More than halfway into the school year

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM
  • 28 Replies

and this mom still gets anxious when her little boy is gone.
Is that normal? Anyone else going through it?

He IS my only child and it is his first time at school. I just get so paranoid and worried about everything. The beginning of the year was just plain SAD for me, I was crying all the time lol.

But I still feel uneasy about it. I can't stand it. I can't stand not knowing every detail of what is happening in his life and if he's staying safe all day. I get those knots in my stomach for awhile and idk... Drives me damn batshit crazy. 

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:41 AM

Any other helicopters moms going through this? lol

livric
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:44 AM

My kids are 11 and 9.   I still love it when it is time to go and pick them up :)  I miss them  lol.    

AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:46 AM

Does it ever worry you what is going on without you around? Well you've had a bit more time anyway, so did it used to? *Sigh* I miss my boy.

Quoting livric:

My kids are 11 and 9.   I still love it when it is time to go and pick them up :)  I miss them  lol.    

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:47 AM
I taught in their school until 6th grade. Is that an option for you?
livric
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM

when they first started I did the whole oh I wonder how they are and what they are doing ect ect.   But nah I knew they were fine  :)  I just missed them lol.  I love getting my babies  back at the end of the day :)

Quoting AnonyMinnie:

Does it ever worry you what is going on without you around? Well you've had a bit more time anyway, so did it used to? *Sigh* I miss my boy.

Quoting livric:

myshoes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM
I can't imagine thinking that *I* am the best prepared person in this world to protect my children.
When there has been a lockdown at the school or a tornado warning, I am always glad that they are at school with trained professionals in a super safe building, instead of at home with just me.
I love my kids SOOO much. But I look for people to put in their life that can take them further than I have ever dreamed of going.
AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:52 AM

Not really so much. I don't know. And I don't want to be the mom who is that one kids lunch lady mom lol.

Quoting Spam72: I taught in their school until 6th grade. Is that an option for you?

AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:53 AM

I guess that is a good way of looking at it, thanks. I don't really honestly see it that way though I suppose. His school is a smaller building, not that sturdily greatly built or anything... And teachers and more or less no differently "trained" or knowledgeable than myself.

That is one of my bigger fears actually that something huge will happen and I ouldn't be able to get him in time or find him or etc.

Quoting myshoes: I can't imagine thinking that *I* am the best prepared person in this world to protect my children. When there has been a lockdown at the school or a tornado warning, I am always glad that they are at school with trained professionals in a super safe building, instead of at home with just me. I love my kids SOOO much. But I look for people to put in their life that can take them further than I have ever dreamed of going.

kgsharber
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:55 AM
What a beautiful response!

Quoting myshoes: I can't imagine thinking that *I* am the best prepared person in this world to protect my children.
When there has been a lockdown at the school or a tornado warning, I am always glad that they are at school with trained professionals in a super safe building, instead of at home with just me.
I love my kids SOOO much. But I look for people to put in their life that can take them further than I have ever dreamed of going.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 7:55 AM
I uses to. Now that they are in high school, I like hearing about their day when they get home. I still miss them when they r at school. I had to give up some control over their lives.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)