Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook help please

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Recently I have been getting friend requests from people I do not know. Apparently we have a "friend" in common, but their names ring no bells for me. Is there a way for me to see their Facebook page without actually excepting the friend request?

I am new to a particular social club in our area and I'm wondering if perhaps some of these women belong to that club. If there's no way for me to see their Facebook page I might go to the clubs page and see if they are members there.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
imthatgirl0607
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:39 AM
Just click on their name
krgirl33
by Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:40 AM
Yes you can click their picture and see their profile. It's limited since you're not officially friends, but you can look at their friends list as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:44 AM
Thank you. That worked. Two most recent ones are friend of my moms… No! That's ridiculous. And another one is a friend of my daughters… I don't understand why all these college kids want to be friends with their friends parents,but that might be a good way to get information.

Quoting imthatgirl0607: Just click on their name
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:52 AM
Just click on the name. Facebook just recommends the friends that you have on facebook that you might be interested in adding them. I have a few facebook friends on mine and I don't really know the one But the other I have a friend in commen With.
o0gone0o
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 9:59 AM

Click on their name see who your mutual friends are. Chances are you popped up in their people you might know feed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:49 AM
I have a very large people you might know feed too... I just seems ridiculous to me to request to be a friend to somebody you actually don't know. Just because know someone in common. I don't understand that. why would I want to see all about their lives when I don't even know who they are.

Quoting o0gone0o:

Click on their name see who your mutual friends are. Chances are you popped up in their people you might know feed. 

o0gone0o
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM

For some people the more they have on their friends list the happier they are. For others they use facebook as a tool to market advertise what they are selling. I use mine for that as well as the going ons in my life. I didn't use to add people so freely but since starting network marketing I've added whomever sends me a request.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have a very large people you might know feed too... I just seems ridiculous to me to request to be a friend to somebody you actually don't know. Just because know someone in common. I don't understand that. why would I want to see all about their lives when I don't even know who they are.
Quoting o0gone0o:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)