Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh is pissed... Do you agree?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Let me start off by saying my sister married a sort of weird and maybe annoying guy. I have learned to live with him being in the family but only because of my sister, all the family has. Since I am younger, when they got together I was still a teen. But I am no longer a single teen, I am a grown 30 yr old woman and a mother. Dh hasn't been very long in the family and the few times that we have gotten together with my sister's family this incident has occurred and now dh is really pissed. My bil is very touchy touchy with me but in an odd way. He will grab my cheeks or my nose like if I was a child. Always makes comments about my appearance. Dh almost punched him yesterday when he grabbed my cheeks. I agree with him and I don't want a problem in the family. How would you handle the situation? Is he overreacting?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:02 AM
bump
invisibleme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:02 AM

The man needs to keep his hands to himself. Why have you not stopped this behavior long ago? It's inappropriate.

shadowcat76
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:03 AM
My bill is kind of the same way. But he's like that to everyone , so it's not like he's singling me out. My husband has just had to learn to let it go...lol
SlytherinQueen
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:04 AM

He needs to keep his hands to himself. My husband would be pissed as well

goldpandora
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:04 AM

The next time your bil shows any sign of wanting to be touchy-feely with you, look him straight in the eye and give a low throaty growl ...

goldpandora
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:05 AM

Or say, "Look, you may not have grown up but I HAVE. Now keep your hands to yourself."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Inappropriate.

I would have smacked his hand and I would not care what my sister would say. I would have every right to do so.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:05 AM
Sounds like he still sees you as the teen/you get sister.

I can see where it's annoying, but pissed seems a bit overboard.
Rangermom772
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Your husband can take him to the side or call him. Respectfully tell him how he feels.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:07 AM
Same issue happen to me except I'm the older sibling and I pinched him....we were at my parents for super bowl and we think of my bil as the faminane so it's like playing with my sister...was in some hot water with dh I apologized and just try to keep my distance from him
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)