Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

quitting my job help.!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I currently work at a fast food place and I love it there and the people but I have found a better job that is great for me. But I don't know how to quit. How should I tell my supervisor in a nice way. WWYD?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:23 AM
You can just say I love you as my manager and the people around me but I just got a offer at a great job that I always wanted And I want to put my one or two weeks in.

I have a friend coming over tomorrow and show what she does as a stay at home mom And all. Cant afford day care So I can go to work out side of the home. So I rather be home where the kids can play and be in there own home with me. And I can work as much as I want when I want. Dh just put in a application for a gas company just going around the house to check the meters. And it's $8 more.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM
Put in two weeks notice. Write a letter for the records and speak to your boss in person before turning the letter in.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:25 AM
Just give a two weeks notice, you don't have to give a reason.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:25 AM
You write up a two weeks notice and hand it to your manager
Ladydee8609
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:28 AM

Just give them notice. I wouldn't even brother with two weeks notice as its just fast food. You're thinking to hard about it. 

Beachdeprived
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:30 AM

I would simply write a letter stating that you are formally giving your two week notice and thank them for the opportunites they have given you, etc... as it's always best not to burn any bridges... and then if they ask, just state you have were offered a job that you could not pass up. If you work at a fast food place, I imagine the turnover rate is rather high and they probably lose people frequently to better opportunites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)