Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you were a bridesmaid...update

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM
  • 46 Replies
subject:Fwd: > So u guys r going to b my bride maids and I already went to a bridal place and looked at dresses I picked out what kind of dress I want for you. it's going to b 200 bucks i have to get all the girls to get fitted and to order there dress no later then next month

So i just got the previous message via text this morning sent to me and my other sil by my Dh twin sister. She has decided her wedding will be in October. I am due to have a baby in 2 weeks. I am obviously not working or going to be able to come up with 200$ and be fitted for a dress within two weeks of giving birth (thats IF i dont go over my date) and im sure as hell not going to go in at 40weeks pregnant to be fitted for a dress. Who gives a 4 week notice about paying for and being fitted for a bridesmaid dress?! It's probably just hormones but i feel angry that shed just expect it. And the way she worded it was rude IMO. I hhaven't responded yet. How would you respond?
Update:
So dh just got a txt saying he needed to be fitted and pay for a tux by next month also because he is a groomsman (again no askingjust being told) and that our 5yr old will also need a dress because she will be the flower girl.

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:57 AM
I'd politely decline lol
whattheheck85
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this

Just politely say thanks for thinking of me but I don't think I can do it with the wedding so close to my due date. 

Theresa1209
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:59 AM

She was kind of rude about it, it seems like.  Have you known for longer though that she was getting married, that you were a bridesmaid, and that you'd need a dress?

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 10:59 AM
I feel like thats my only option. Dh said i should tell her to eff off...

She was a bridesmaid at my wedding. They had a year in advance to know about it and i paid for the dresses. I also ASKED them to be brides maids...not said ok you will be one.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'd politely decline lol
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM
She told us two weeks ago that she planned the day. She has been engaged several times to different people and it always fell through so i didnt really bank on anything. Also, i never inquired as to who her choices of bridesmaids would be because i didnt want her to be obligated to ask me. She never asked. This text was my first notice of it.

Quoting Theresa1209:

She was kind of rude about it, it seems like.  Have you known for longer though that she was getting married, that you were a bridesmaid, and that you'd need a dress?

eztwins
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:01 AM
I don't have a problem with it unless she didn't ask you to be in the wedding before the email. If she's just dictating you're in the wedding and making demands then I see an issue and I'd just opt out.
krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:02 AM
This text was first notice that i was a bridesmaid (never asked btw just assumed )

Quoting eztwins: I don't have a problem with it unless she didn't ask you to be in the wedding before the email. If she's just dictating you're in the wedding and making demands then I see an issue and I'd just opt out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I would say you don't feel up to it because of your pregnancy
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:06 AM

I don't see anything wrong with her email.  It takes a few months to order dresses and have them altered.  I would call the dress shop and tell them your situation and see what accomodations they have for you.

Snakecharmer76
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I would respond with this: "I am so happy for your upcoming nuptuals, but upon deeper consideration of the imminent birth of my child and our personal finances, I feel I am unable to perform the duties of a bridesmaid on your special day. I hope you will understand and respect this difficult decision. I wish you all the best!".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)