Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

maternity leave finally

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM
  • 9 Replies

Finally. im almost 36 weeks and just started maternity leave. It felt awesome to not have to get up at 4 in the morning and go drive a bus for 8 hrs. i did wake up about 4 but just watched tv till i feel back to sleep and then got the kids up at 730 and then off to school for them so im home alone. lol this never happens.

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:30 AM

How much time off do you get?

I didn't start mine till the week I was due because I wanted all my time off after the baby came

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:31 AM
Why would you waste it doing nothing? You're only 36 weeks you could go for a lot longer and your leave will probably be up.
shorty00207450
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:34 AM

with all my other kids i worked closer to my due date but with this one sitting there for 8 hrs really hurts. my stomach starts to burn really bad and the doc said its cause im sitting there and squishing the baby. i can take up to a month off before baby and like 4 months off after baby but ill only be taking 6 weeks off after baby then going back to work. I never get to enjoy just being home.  so since this is my last one. and next week kids are on easter vacation. so ill have 3 kids at home with me that will keep me pretty busy. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why would you waste it doing nothing? You're only 36 weeks you could go for a lot longer and your leave will probably be up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:53 AM
I did not go on leave at all. I was working up to my due date. The day of my doc appointment the Ob sent me to the hospital of course I had to work that day the night shift till close. I called the manager and explain to him what was going on. And told him if they send me home I will not be coming in and will be put on bed rest and he was cool with it.

Well they finally put me from The waiting room to an actual room and the doctor broke my water. I had boarded line blood pressure. And that was the reason. I did not do my full 6 week of leave I went back to work on black Friday.

I would have waited till the time came or the doctor told you to go on leave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:54 AM
So you have to go back earlier? Or will they give you more than 12 weeks?
supermama322
by Kaylee on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:56 AM
I was supposed to start mine at 37 weeks so i could have down time before the baby came. We get a whole year paid though.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why would you waste it doing nothing? You're only 36 weeks you could go for a lot longer and your leave will probably be up.
shorty00207450
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM

i can take more off if i want but i always just take the 6 weeks off after baby. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: So you have to go back earlier? Or will they give you more than 12 weeks?

Callaly
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:00 PM

I cannot wait for mine to start! I am only 11 weeks tho so I have a long time to go.

I am having baby mid sept. and will start the last week of aug. I am in Canada and we get a year off :)

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:02 PM
I worked past my due date. I started my leave four days before ds was born. I was miserable
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)