Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Positive Peer Pressure At Its Finest

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM
  • 9 Replies
When all the neighbors are out on a nice weekend working in their yards, thus putting pressure on that one family who will let their yard go if they think they can get away with with it.
Epic win for all the rest of us on our street. Woot woot!
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:05 PM
Bump
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM
Lol I need to get out and get started, power wash the siding and what not. I don't want to though. We just replaced our floors, and painted, I'm DIYed out lol.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM
I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exhaust me. But it's better than having a subpar yard. Not to mention the garden won't work on itself and I look forward to the veggies every year.

Quoting Maks1mommy: Lol I need to get out and get started, power wash the siding and what not. I don't want to though. We just replaced our floors, and painted, I'm DIYed out lol.
Theresa1209
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:12 PM

Not that my yard looks fabulous or anything, because it doesn't.  But every single time my husband starts doing something outside, the neighbor guy does it too.  It's so weird. 

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:12 PM
I hear you. I've got my veggies planted in those things you can just put in the ground once it's ready, I just need to clean out my garden lol. They need planted badly.

Quoting januaryqueen: I'm not going to pretend it doesn't exhaust me. But it's better than having a subpar yard. Not to mention the garden won't work on itself and I look forward to the veggies every year.

Quoting Maks1mommy: Lol I need to get out and get started, power wash the siding and what not. I don't want to though. We just replaced our floors, and painted, I'm DIYed out lol.
januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:45 PM
That was one criteria I had to have when we bought this house. I wanted to live in a neighborhood where lawns were cared for and everyone is mowing their yards on Saturdays and if you don't care for your yard it sticks out.

Quoting Theresa1209:

Not that my yard looks fabulous or anything, because it doesn't.  But every single time my husband starts doing something outside, the neighbor guy does it too.  It's so weird. 

shadow_lark
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Ugh...I can't keep up with it all. I have a love hate relationship with this time of year
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:51 PM
We don't start yard work for a few more months. We have bipolar weather so well 70's one day and snowing and freezing the next.
Theresa1209
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM

I wish my yard was prettier!  But my husband will start mowing, 5 mins later he's out mowing.  My husband will start raking leaves, 5 mins later he's raking leaves.  The other day the neighbor was lounging on the porch on his cell, and my husband started chipping ice of the parking areas that was built up.  As soon as he started, the neighbor yelled for his kid to grab the shovel cuz he was going to chip some ice lol.  It was so funny! 

Quoting januaryqueen: That was one criteria I had to have when we bought this house. I wanted to live in a neighborhood where lawns were cared for and everyone is mowing their yards on Saturdays and if you don't care for your yard it sticks out.
Quoting Theresa1209:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)