Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't have a problem with ticket scalpers

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM
  • 0 Replies
For a normal concert would you change your mind if the concert was for a charity instead of just going to the performer?

The reason I ask is because I don't care about ticket scalpers. It Sucks royally when you want to attend a concert and have to pay a ton of money over face value for a ticket but I don't balk too much over it.

I do if it's for charity though.

Every year the houston livestock show and rodeo has 20 days (I think) of performers from people as famous as Fergie and Taylor swift to Kenny Chesney and George strait and everyone in between. But at the end of the day it is for charity. The money raised goes right back into the community. That's what it's all about.

Although scalping isn't illegal here except under certain circumstances like on the grounds it does say on the back of the tickets it's not allowed and they will invalidate the tickets for anyone caught scalping. It doesn't seem to phase some people who for example are trying to sell a 25 dollar tim McGraw ticket for 150 or Ariana grande (sp) for 100

To me that's just wrong and akin to stealing in my eyes. They set the ticket prices to make it affordable for familes and people to attend yet raise money for charity. Not for opportunists to make a quick buck because their computer let them in to ticket master quicker than the next person.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)