Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I lied about being raped...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 65 Replies

When I was 11, my mom got a new husband who was mean to my little brother. We told my mom and she laughed saying "he's a boy and needs toughening up!" So after a few months, when my brother got a black eye, I told a teacher that my stepdad was making me touch him. A bunch of stuff went down and eventually, my mom divorced him.

fast forward and how I'm an adult with a 5 year old daughter. She told my that my new stepdad (my mom always picks winners) showed her his penis. We tried to talk about it with my mom and since it had been revealed that I falsely accused my old stepfather, my mother said my daughter was lying and learned it from me. She said no cop would ever believe her either.

im afraid to go to the cops now because I don't want my daughter to think no one will help her.

please help!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:12 PM
3 moms liked this
It doesn't matter that you lied take it to the police and let them handle it. Your daughter is five I truly doubt told her about your fake rape. Or that she understood it. Go to the police.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:13 PM

You think so? Thank you so much!

Quoting ArmyWife112908: It doesn't matter that you lied take it to the police and let them handle it. Your daughter is five I truly doubt told her about your fake rape. Or that she understood it. Go to the police.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM
If your daughter needs help, you get her help.

I also feel a family therapist who specializes in these things would be beneficial.
Rhodin
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM
2 moms liked this
File a police report and never speak to your mother again. She's sided with 2 child abusers already, it's unlikely she'll ever change.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:15 PM
Yes I do think so, you would hate yourself if anything happened to her. Take her to your pediatrician too they will be able to help also.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

You think so? Thank you so much!

Quoting ArmyWife112908: It doesn't matter that you lied take it to the police and let them handle it. Your daughter is five I truly doubt told her about your fake rape. Or that she understood it. Go to the police.

DrunkenFaeGirl
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Your mother probably does have a point but you should still report it and keep your daughter away from  them.

Angelslight23
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM

Don't let your daughter be around your mom or her new man anymore. Cut off contact.

ame85
by Chemistry cat on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:17 PM
The awful, horrid lie you told has no bearing on your daughter's situation, aside from the irony.

I hope he is fully prosecuted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM

That goes without saying!

Quoting Angelslight23:

Don't let your daughter be around your mom or her new man anymore. Cut off contact.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)