Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bird Experts, Get In Here!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM
  • 0 Replies
I'm trying to identify these two hawks that live in the woods behind my house. I think they are the same ones that have lived here for years. They just got back this spring. They're gorgeous and I would really like to know what kind they are.

I'm pretty sure they're hawks. I've never been able to get close enough to see them clearly or get a picture but they don't look or sound like vultures and their wings aren't shaped like falcons. We only have two species of eagles here and I already ruled them out. It's hard to even give a description. They're wings are a tawny gold color. I can't even tell how big they are. I think their heads may be a lighter color. I see this species a lot around here. I think ours are a mated pair. They used to have a nest closer to our house but I think they moved it. I went on Wikipedia and they were no help. None of the pictures seemed to look right. We live in eastern Georgia, if that helps. We're about an hour from Atlanta. I might could identify them by picture or by their calls if I could hear recording. I couldn't find a good website to help me identify them.
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)