Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my weird obsession

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
Im literally going bat shit , I have this overwhelming need to try and join the mormon church. Its becoming a problem . I think this stems from the fact my partner commited sucide a month ago , he shot himself in the head . Also I have started waking up to check doors and check to make sure his stuff is still here ...Idk what to do ..im so going freaking insane
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:22 PM

Please see someone. You've been through an incredible trauma and you need a release. Counseling could really help you. I am so sorry that you're going through this, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

ArmyWife112908
by Mrs.Crane on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:24 PM
Talk to your dr then get some counseling
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM
So I was right I am going bat shit great..

Quoting HandMmom12:

Please see someone. You've been through an incredible trauma and you need a release. Counseling could really help you. I am so sorry that you're going through this, I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's perfectly normal for you to have strange feelings, you're dealing with an entirely new reality and it's so recent.  You need time to heal.  do you have any good friends that you can talk to face to face, or could you see a therapist?  If you feel that you are having obsessions you need to talk through things with someone.

Join the Mormon church?  That seems a bit random.  I'm Mormon and I'm curious how you got this in your head, have you visited with the missionaries?  do you have mormon friends?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:33 PM
My partner was , he said it may help him to kick his drug problem. He only met with th once , they prayed with him and that was the first good day that we had in a long time... He kept thier bible it was in his dresser so i guess it ment something to him.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's perfectly normal for you to have strange feelings, you're dealing with an entirely new reality and it's so recent.  You need time to heal.  do you have any good friends that you can talk to face to face, or could you see a therapist?  If you feel that you are having obsessions you need to talk through things with someone.

Join the Mormon church?  That seems a bit random.  I'm Mormon and I'm curious how you got this in your head, have you visited with the missionaries?  do you have mormon friends?

HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM

No, you're not. You've been through a trauma. It's understandable that all these feelings are coming out. I don't think you're crazy, just confused, hurt, scared maybe. But not crazy. Did you post here when your partner passed? I think I might remember I thread about this if you're who I'm thinking of. Death affects people so differently, especially when it's someone so close to you. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: So I was right I am going bat shit great..
Quoting HandMmom12:

chillemi78
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM
I think it's perfectly understandable to feel a need to reach out to some sort of faith when you have been through a traumatic experience. And seeing your explaination of why Mormon makes sense. I was wondering too in your original post. There is absolutely nothing wrong with finding a faith, but I do urge you to consider all options and not just reach out to one because of what you are going through now. Mormons aren't all polygamy and opressing women, so it very well may be the place for you, but go into it fully knowledgable.
As for the waking during the night, find yourself a good relaxing routine for when you do wake up. Make a cup of tea or warm milk, sit up and read for a bit, listen to some music and then get back in bed. Or similar. You are likely waking from bad dreams and you need to calm your mind. A white noise machine may help too.

And counseling would definitely be a good idea. You are dealing with something very traumatic and some help to cope would be really good for you. (((Hugs)))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)