Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can you eat that?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
I was flipping through a cookbook that found its way into my house. almost every recipe had over 1000mg of sodium and at least 20 fat. All the recipes called for canned veggies, biscuits, cream of whatever soup, etc. This was one of the grossest things I've ever seen. Does it even count as cooking if you open some cans and mix everything together?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:55 PM
Imo no
Mom-to-2kids
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:56 PM
What kind of cook book is that? I have nothing against canned veggies for some cooking. But I still make whatever I cook healthy and not loaded with salt and other crap. Cream of whatever canned soups do gross me out though. It's just as easy to make those.
HandMmom12
by Jody on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:56 PM

Yuck! 

TheMaddHatress
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Why wouldn't it count as cooking? Canned food isn't always bad. It depends on who makes it. DF uses canned veggies in his pot pies all the time. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

PhantomRose88
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM

Those canned things and biscuits always leave an awful taste in my mouth. I can't pinpoint exactly what it is...I cook 90% from scratch. 

LawNOrderMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM
When was it written?
KennyPooPoo22
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:57 PM
I've never seen a cook book with only canned stuff...what the hell kind of cookbook did you get ahold of?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM
I think it's one of those little booklets you get at the checkout line. Betty Crocker or something. I was going through some magazines and found it.

Quoting Mom-to-2kids: What kind of cook book is that? I have nothing against canned veggies for some cooking. But I still make whatever I cook healthy and not loaded with salt and other crap. Cream of whatever canned soups do gross me out though. It's just as easy to make those.
the_dude
by abides on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this
You're still preparing food to eat, so yes by definition, it's considered cooking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 12:58 PM
2009. Casseroles

Quoting LawNOrderMommy: When was it written?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)