Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You are seriously asking me this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

New neighbors moved in a few weeks ago. They have three small dogs. They came over yesterday and asked me if I could please not let my dogs out when their dogs are out. The reason? Their dogs bark and run over to our driveway, then won't listen and they have to come get the dogs. My dogs don't bark. My dogs are in their fully fenced in yard. How is this my problem? My elderly dog can't really hold it very long and if he has to go, I'm letting him out. Seriously I can't believe they asked me that. How about leashing your dogs or build yourself a fence.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this

Lol, what did you say?

casah4
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I usually like to reply with what *I* would say in that situation, but I'm seriously speechless.  

TediLee
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:09 PM

I would've said no but if her dogs get on your property then you have the right to harm them if they come after your dog. I'd let them out every time I heard her dogs and exclaim they're harrassing your dog especially if ones elderly.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Id start intentionally letting them out at the same time. When they complain tell them when your dog had to pee he has to pee.
PickYourPoison
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:10 PM
Screw them!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:11 PM

I would have laughed then explained the use and function of leashes and fences.

LawNOrderMommy
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Ugh entitlement just keeps creeping into every aspect of life. The neighbor kids like to open my back gate and let my dog out so they can play with her, all without my permission. And they never managed to get her back in my yard so for weeks I was wondering how my dog kept getting out, luckily she just ran about the neighborhood and helpful people called me to let me know where she was. I finally put a padlock on the gate to make it stop. Then one of the kids mom comes over to complain that her kids couldn't get into MY yard to play with MY dog. The fucking nerve of people these days.
RockMyBliss
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM
So, what, you are supposed to look around and check to see if their dogs are out before you let yours out? Seriously?! Their dogs and lack of fencing aren't your problem. They sound silly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM
4 moms liked this

I told them I cannot guarantee my dogs will not be outside when their's are and that the local Petco holds training classes if they were looking for a place to help with training.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Lol, what did you say?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM
I would just ignore them after they asked and just let my dogs out when I want. If their dog kept coming to my yard so much that's when I would get the dog people to come out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)