Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

obtaining your free credit report

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I'm trying to find out what my credit score is because I'm thinking about buying a new car. I haven't had a car note in 15 yrs so I'm overdue for a new car. I keep getting conflicting advice so I just want to know before I go to a dealership.i went to the individual reporting agency websites to request and I notice it looks like I've been rerouted to another site called "annualcreditreport.com".is this safe? I just want to know before I put my info on there. How do you acquire your report? I don't get why all this has to be so secret anyway. It's as though lenders and reporting agencies don't want you to know about your own credit. Whenever you apply for a loan or credit card they could easily just tell you but they won't. They get all hush hush. I have no reason to doubt my credit worthiness but I have been told that if I know my score I have better negotiation power. Whatever advice or info would be greatly appreciated!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
stargazerwolf
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

creditkarma.com, totally free. Gives you two different credit scores. It's great.

AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:34 PM

I second CreditKarma it is the only site that lets you see for free and getting the numbers is easy, even I did it once awhile ago, but it worked.

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:35 PM

^^^ What they said.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:35 PM
You can go to the major ones like Equafax & Experian once a year to obtain your report for free.
MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:45 PM

I always go through Equafax. It completely free unless you want a detailed report. And I mean very detailed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)