Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Little girls dance class? Awful!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 348 Replies
9 moms liked this
Im not against kids activities at all but wow. My sister has her daughter in dance (shes 8) and they look like little tramps. Very very heavy make up, skimpy little outfits that show way too much skin. It makes me sick. Im so glad that i had boys. No way in hell would i let my daughter look like that, dance or not. Everyone thinks its "cute". Theres not one thing cute about it, its disgusting.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM
4 moms liked this
I'm so glad my daughter's dance school keeps costumes pretty conservative. I don't care for that look, either.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:54 PM
2 moms liked this
I agree. I can't stand seeing little girls all skankified. Gross
BGarcel
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM
49 moms liked this

Know what's disgusting? Grown women, mothers even, passing judgment on something they don't understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM
4 moms liked this
I agree. Someone on my fb dd dances and all the kids in the picture she posted had way too much makeup on. Why cant cute costumes be enough?
lapcounter
by Race Mom on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:56 PM
That's dance and competition for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Its just wrong. I thought for a minute i was being a prude (just for a minute) and then my senses came back!
JackAttacks
by Angel on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:56 PM
5 moms liked this
My fondest memories of childhood are of my dance and theatre classes. The camaraderie and the free feeling it gave me are unlike anything else I've ever had.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM
6 moms liked this
I understand that they look like little whores. Idc what the reasoning is.

Quoting BGarcel:

Know what's disgusting? Grown women, mothers even, passing judgment on something they don't understand.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM
30 moms liked this
They wear the least restricting costumes and the makeup is heavy so when stage lights shine on them their faces don't get washed out.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I agree. Someone on my fb dd dances and all the kids in the picture she posted had way too much makeup on. Why cant cute costumes be enough?
BGarcel
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM
3 moms liked this

This is why, OP. What anon 4 said.

Quoting Anonymous 4: They wear the least restricting costumes and the makeup is heavy so when stage lights shine on them their faces don't get washed out.
Quoting Anonymous 3: I agree. Someone on my fb dd dances and all the kids in the picture she posted had way too much makeup on. Why cant cute costumes be enough?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)