Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Annoying wheelchair dad at school

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 109 Replies
I sincerely look forward to the end of the school year. There's this dad in a wheelchair and he blocks the damn door everyday with his chair. It can't be more annoying & of course we can't dare say a word because of his condition. I really hope his kid is in a different class than mine next year. Every time I try to come early to beat him to the pot there he goes rolling up the block and somehow beats me. I'm so tired of this man, ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:58 PM
27 moms liked this

I hear the words "excuse me" work wonderfully well

MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:58 PM
4 moms liked this
It's not okay to be rude whether you're in a wheelchair or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM
exactly were never mean or rude to him but my poor 4 year old has to squeeze between the door and his chair everyday

Quoting MilkLover0203: It's not okay to be rude whether you're in a wheelchair or not.
littlebearbead
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 1:59 PM
Wow you're super nice! /eyeroll
Have you ever heard of excuse me
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM
you don't get it. The door to the class he blocks, there's no where for him to go. Excuse me wouldn't do a thing. He would be better to keep parked outside. The teacher sees him and knows who his kid is

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

I hear the words "excuse me" work wonderfully well

Mom2Phoenix2011
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM
I think you are making a big deal by not using your words and saying excuse me. Also really how long is he "in the way"?
TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this
Wow. How about thanking God that YOU can get around without a wheelchair?

And he is not "Wheelchair Dad". He is a man with a name.

If you don't want to be identified merely by some physical characteristic, please don't do it to others.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:01 PM

have you ever tried it?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:01 PM
2 moms liked this
Teach your kid to say "excuse me" instead of squeezing by people. No reason he has to be rude.

Quoting Anonymous 1: exactly were never mean or rude to him but my poor 4 year old has to squeeze between the door and his chair everyday

Quoting MilkLover0203: It's not okay to be rude whether you're in a wheelchair or not.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Might be the same guy who ran over my foot at a convention yesterday. I realize it was crowded and he's shorter and not easily seen but he went racing by, almost took out my 3 yr old and when I grabbed my kid to pull him out of the way, the guy ran over my foot and then had the nerve to shoot ME a dirty look. Smh....some people need a high five to the face with a chair....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)