Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What’s the biggest lie you ever told your kids to get them to behave?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:07 PM
  • 69 Replies

What’s the biggest lie you ever told your kids to get them to behave? Like, “if you lie, your face will turn green!” Share your stories for a post on The Stir!

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
If you keep making that face, it will stay that way!! :)
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:09 PM
4 moms liked this

That the smoke detectors were Santa Cams and if the red light was on, he was watching them and the elves were taking notes. This also explained what they did when it wasn't Christmas time. Santa hired temp elves to watch the cameras when the regular elves were busy making toys.

januaryqueen
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Other than "Santa is watching" around the holidays, I don't lie. The actual consequences are usually enough.
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:11 PM

I told my kids that if they lied, their nose would grow.  I also told my kids that I had eyes in the back of my head, when they asked me how I knew what they were doing when my back was turned.

Sarafinn2012
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Told them there were spiders under the tables in restaurants to keep them from going under them when they were toddlers. Lol my 12 yo still has to remind me of it and how she fell for it. We think its funny now.
DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

A hand-me-down from my parents...

"Flipping the lights off and on will cause a fire to burn down the house".

DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:27 PM

Oh and a friend's parents got her to stop biting her nails by telling her that the little pieces would that she accidentally swallowed will turn into worms in her stomach.

throwing up

mary716
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM
I told my son that aunt Alice lives in the closet and if he kept it up I'd let her out. He was scared of dhs aunt only when she wasn't around lol
DuchessScrat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM

This would've been helpful for my parents.  We'd get under there and peel off other people's gum and play with it before we had any concept of germs.

Quoting Sarafinn2012: Told them there were spiders under the tables in restaurants to keep them from going under them when they were toddlers. Lol my 12 yo still has to remind me of it and how she fell for it. We think its funny now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:29 PM
Stay in bed or monsters will come out from underneath and get ya.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)