Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you give in to your kids?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter only wants to wear dresses or skirts. If she doesn't, she gets extremely upset. I didn't have a weather appropriate dress today, so she wore leggings and a tshirt. But now I'm feeling bad and online shopping for spring dresses and Capri leggings.

Is this something you would do?
What things do you give into?
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mary716
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't give into my kids.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:18 PM

My youngest would only wear dresses or skirts until she was about 7 or 8. It wasn't an issue here, because I'm in FL. The few days it was 'cold', I would put tights on her. But yes, that's something that I would have done.

ETA - if she had a fit, no, I would not give in to a tantrum. I don't and never will. My kids know that I do not play and asking me over and over is not going to work.

blessed107
by Diamond Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:19 PM

I don't give into kids.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:20 PM
I'm his mother, not his friend. I don't give in.
luvmybug
by Traderspixie on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:22 PM
If it has to do with her personal tastes, as in clothing, I will get what she wants. Hey, she has to wear it. But on things such as rules of the house, I will not budge. We only have 3 rules, too. And they aren't difficult.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM

I don't really give in.  I make sure that the clothing they have is weather appropriate.  I have a child who can't understand why when she puts on pants and the weather is hot....she is hot.  She will have to figure it out, but I don't allow them to change clothes in the middle of the day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)