Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She told her grandpa it'll be better off when he's dead!?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
background:

Best friends sister adopted a baby boy 4 months ago. They're white, he's African American. Everyone in her family is absolutely thrilled except her grandpa. He holds some very old fashioned racist views. He's 68.

They had a bbq this weekend. He's met the baby 3 times before and hasn't really interacted with him. Well on Saturday he was in a bad mood and went on a rant about how everything is changing these days, gay people coming out, weird clothing styles and he has a "n*gger great grand baby".

She just stood up with her son and started to get her stuff to leave. He told her to calm down and she looked at him and said "the world will be a much better place when people like you die off. You're disgusting" and left.

She hasn't returned his phone calls apologizing and my best friend said she was super upset. Her grandpa was also crying and said he went too far and it was wrong, he loves her and doesn't want to lose her. She said she has no interest in ever being around him again.

What a mess
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peaceful.chaos
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:26 PM
I agree with her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessPizza
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:27 PM
That's really difficult. :-(
blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:29 PM
I agree with her.
spacedementia
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM

She handled that exactly how she should have. 

AnonyMinnie
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:30 PM

I am with HER. Fuck that shit. I hate old people who hold so tightly onto their damn pasts 60 years ago that they can't accept anything new. It's disgusting. And yes, once most of them die off the world WILL be a better more accepting place. One step closer to more and more and more peace.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:31 PM
I agree with her.

I secretly feel that way about SOs grandfather.
MamaRae85
by *you're on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:31 PM

While I wouldn't say that, I'd have left, too, and I wouldn't have any interest in being around him ever again.

mommieof38829
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Well my opinion won't be liked. He is entitled to his feelings as is she. Should he have said it no but he did.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:34 PM

I agree with her. 

DisabledVet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:36 PM

Sometimes you pay for the words you speak. This is one of those times. Some wounds can't be healed. Perhaps he needs to show her he has changed by his actions.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)