Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She's a no good dirty liar!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Sister in law told my mother in law that we offered to chip in on a big expense my MIL wants to take on (it's a WANT, not a need.)

$1,100. 

We never said ANYTHING of the sort.  In fact, husband and his brother got into an argument over it last fall when it was brought up.  Husband made it clear we wanted no part in it.  Yet, here we are... she's volunteering us to throw in $1,100 on something we don't care about.  And I know if I were to confront her about it, she'd play dumb and lie- like she always does. 

Husband clarified for MIL already, she'll not be getting any money from us.
Would you take it up with SIL, too?  Or let it go?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
flowerfunleah
by Leah on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:35 PM

I would just call your SIL and tell her that you dont appreciate her volunteering money you already said no to. If she tries to lie and say she never said that then just hang up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 2:36 PM
Sadly, I have let my sil and mil get away with WAT too much shit! I should have stopped it when sil was just bil's gf but I didn't and now things are BAD...if given the chance to do it over again, I would have stood up for myself from the get go!

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sadly, I have let my sil and mil get away with WAT too much shit! I should have stopped it when sil was just bil's gf but I didn't and now things are BAD...if given the chance to do it over again, I would have stood up for myself from the get go! Sorry I can't be of more help.

No, that's helpful.  Thanks.  MIL already knows how we feel, so at this point it's about me going back to SIL and calling her on her BS.  And whether or not it would be worth the drama in the long run.  I'm starting to think that it is...  She lies to my face more than anyone I know.  The last time before this was only a few weeks ago- she texted us an invite to my niece's birthday party about 18 hours before the party.  Said that she had 'typed out the text the monday before and just forgot to hit send'... which I totally thought was a line and was confirmed by my BIL later that day, when he called and told us that she'd failed to invite anyone at all and he was scrambling to put the party together.  I didn't call her out on that, either.  She lies so often it makes me not trust her at all.

MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM
What is this thing?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:48 PM
Sounds like my sil only bil will lie to cover her ass. She's always trying to start crap and I have finally put my foot down but it's just making her look like a victim and me the bully. She will say awful thibgs to me and if I say something to correct her or say how I don't appreciate she will cry and say how she didn't mean anything she wasn't trying to be mean and blah blah blah...then I'm the bad guy for saying something.

I personally have reached my limits. I should have said something to begin with but when all this started my fil was only given two weeks to live, she started her crap and I didn't feel it was appropriate to do anything because of the situation. When he passed it got worse AT THE FUNERAL, I did say something but that ended with me being treated like the bad guy (mil even pushed me away when I tried to hug her)...we have very little contact with bil and his family but mil and sil are ALWAYS trying to force it.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 2: Sadly, I have let my sil and mil get away with WAT too much shit! I should have stopped it when sil was just bil's gf but I didn't and now things are BAD...if given the chance to do it over again, I would have stood up for myself from the get go! Sorry I can't be of more help.

No, that's helpful.  Thanks.  MIL already knows how we feel, so at this point it's about me going back to SIL and calling her on her BS.  And whether or not it would be worth the drama in the long run.  I'm starting to think that it is...  She lies to my face more than anyone I know.  The last time before this was only a few weeks ago- she texted us an invite to my niece's birthday party about 18 hours before the party.  Said that she had 'typed out the text the monday before and just forgot to hit send'... which I totally thought was a line and was confirmed by my BIL later that day, when he called and told us that she'd failed to invite anyone at all and he was scrambling to put the party together.  I didn't call her out on that, either.  She lies so often it makes me not trust her at all.

AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:53 PM
Depends on what you want to get out of confronting her. If you think it will change her behavior or make her better, it won't.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)