Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tang for breakfast?

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM
  • 14 Replies
Growing up tang was a treat. A very occasional treat. My mom probably only bought a container of tang once a year or so. It was just not something we had. Especially for breakfast. My DH on the other hand grew up drinking tang for breakfast and says its the poor mans orange juice.

The concept is foreign to me, just like drinking a soda or koolaid for breakfast.

So did you drink tang, or something equivalent for breakfast?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LadyAmaranth
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:03 PM
I understood it to be like your husband, poor man's orange juice.
I think I had it once. Never even think of it.
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM
I bought tang when I was poor and in school. It really complemented my ramen!
lalalamama
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:08 PM
Tang was a treat on camping trips. During tough economic times when I was a teen, my Mom would dilute real OJ half and half with Tang and would dilute fresh milk with reconstituted powdered milk...
We still drink Tang on camping trips, but never at home and certainly as part of a healthy breakfast :)
StiflersMom
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:08 PM

Thought this was about something else.

MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:10 PM
I didn't get anything good growing up. By good, I mean junk. I never even had a Hostess product until I moved out.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM
My father was a diabetic but chose to live in denial so we couldn't have anything good in the house. No sodas candy bars little Debbie's koolaid. Nothing like that on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong my mom would buy it from time to time but the entire box would be eaten in a couple of hours so it was never something we got often.

Quoting MilkLover0203: I didn't get anything good growing up. By good, I mean junk. I never even had a Hostess product until I moved out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MilkLover0203
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:16 PM
My parents wouldn't even let us have whole milk. I remember loving visiting my grandmother. She had lots of whole milk. I want Twinkies.

Quoting Roxygurl: My father was a diabetic but chose to live in denial so we couldn't have anything good in the house. No sodas candy bars little Debbie's koolaid. Nothing like that on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong my mom would buy it from time to time but the entire box would be eaten in a couple of hours so it was never something we got often.

Quoting MilkLover0203: I didn't get anything good growing up. By good, I mean junk. I never even had a Hostess product until I moved out.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:17 PM
I'm allergic to milk so I never drank the milk we had, just water.

Quoting MilkLover0203: My parents wouldn't even let us have whole milk. I remember loving visiting my grandmother. She had lots of whole milk. I want Twinkies.

Quoting Roxygurl: My father was a diabetic but chose to live in denial so we couldn't have anything good in the house. No sodas candy bars little Debbie's koolaid. Nothing like that on a regular basis. Don't get me wrong my mom would buy it from time to time but the entire box would be eaten in a couple of hours so it was never something we got often.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM

I don't think I've ever had Tang. I know my mom didn't buy it. I do remember the commercials from the 70's/80's about it being the drink of astronauts. 

mommieof38829
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM
I grew up drinking coke and Dr pepper.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)