Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That was a special kind of hell. Wtf was I thinking???

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM
  • 16 Replies
1 mom liked this

So in my warped optimistic mind I thought it would be a good idea to take the kids to a live thomas the train show at the science centre on the first day of march break

Am I crazy???

We got there over an hour early and the first show was sold out.  Ok, we're in the science centre, no biggie.  I got tickets for the second show.

Went to watch a reptile show while we waited.  It was then I realized there was no benches.  Parents had to sit on the floor.  Ok....  Well, there were carpets and cushions how bad could it be?

BAD.  REALLY BAD lol

An hour of sitting on the floor for the reptile show and I was regretting decisions that had been made.

I went over to wait for the thomas show.

They had us wait in line for an hour just to be able to wait another hour for the show to start.

After the line, we were herded into a room filled with hundreds of toddlers, half of them screaming, many of them with poopy diapers.  

We sat in that room, crosslegged on hardwood floors for 1 hour waiting for that stupid blue train show.

The train came on stage complete with moving eyes, mouth and steam coming from his stack.  My 2yr old nephew just about lost his mind with happiness.  

The show was an hour long.

I could barely stand up my back hurt so bad.

On the way home we were walking and nephew, who has a habit of dragging his toes when he walks, managed to rip the sole right off his week old shoes.  So I had to carry him all the way home.

My back freaking HATES me and I don't know how I will be able to walk tomorrrow lmao

by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angl_gurl1
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:17 PM

we all put ourselves thru hell like that for the kids. we may hurt but we do it because it makes the kids happy

catcameback1
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM

You should have seen his face when the thomas came out, pure joy.

Quoting angl_gurl1:

we all put ourselves thru hell like that for the kids. we may hurt but we do it because it makes the kids happy

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Awe, lol. I hope it was worth it.
drowningmama
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:19 PM
Those shows are never worth it. I took my kids to a dinosaur show and had to wait 2 hours for face painting.
Totally not worth it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bresmommy21
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

But deep down you can honestly say it was worth it. I took my kids to The Walking Dinosaurs, we sat way up in the bleachers (because it was cheaper) and they had a blast.

catcameback1
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM

That sucks.  This one was worth it, if you have a centre pass.  I wouldn't have paid the $60 for the show, but havig a pass it was free.  They did give gift bags at the end with thomas the train toys, some tracks, a sticker book and a colouring book.

I won't be doing one of these toddler shows again though.

Quoting drowningmama: Those shows are never worth it. I took my kids to a dinosaur show and had to wait 2 hours for face painting. Totally not worth it!

Smaug
by Book Worm on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Those will be good memories! I hope your back feels better soon.
catcameback1
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM
1 mom liked this

It was, but I won't ever do it again lol

Quoting vegaswife2011: Awe, lol. I hope it was worth it.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:26 PM
Lol

Quoting catcameback1:

It was, but I won't ever do it again lol

Quoting vegaswife2011: Awe, lol. I hope it was worth it.

LadyIQ
by Silver Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:28 PM

I once stood in line for 3 hours with my youngest at a Mall so that she could get a picture with the Rugrats. She finally got her moment with Chuckie, a whopping 1 whole minute! She was happy, I was done!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)