Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday dilemma

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
DS3 turns 5 on April 24th. DS1's best friend turns 7 on April 24th. It is a Friday this year. So the most logical party day is Saturday, the 25th. I don't want to contact the parents and ask when they are doing the party for their ds, that would come across as assuming there will be a party and my ds is invited. So, I was thinking of doing something either on the actual birthday, or Sunday after church. But, depending on SO's work schedule, that may not work.

I do not want ds1 to be in a situation where he has to choose between his friend and his brother.

How would you handle this?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
JDmommyJD
by the sauce is boss on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM
Thats silly. I would have my child's party when I wanted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:20 PM
I'd do my son's party the week before or week after his bday
PeppermintyTea
by on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM
I would schedule DS3's party at the time it works best for your family.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I assume you are planning on inviting this kid to your son's party?  I would just call the mom and ask if he will be free that day?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:23 PM
Id make my child choose their brother over their friend. Could you imagine your own sibling not attending the party? Id have the party when it works out for my dh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM

Woud the kid be invited to your party? If he would I'd call the mom up and ask her if the thinks she's be available that day for a party. If she says no because she was planning her own party that day, then maybe you can switch days. Or for all you know they aren't planning a party at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)